Help with Heinkel 219 Photos

Hi everyone - our upcoming He 219 book authors are currently writing the chapter on camouflage and markings. What would really help us out are high quality images taken of the airframe at the NASM Udvar Hazy Centre before assembly, specifically of the removed wing / wing root showing the original paint. Can anyone help? I don't mean those that are available online with a quick google search....

I know it's been discussed here before and perhaps someone can supply me / us directly with pics

thanks in advance

Rich

Talking of He 219 camouflages, on page 26 of "Wings of the Black Cross" volume seven written by Mark Proulx (member here) there is an aerial photo of an airfield with 29 x He 219 featuring all kinds of camouflages including some that have wide camouflage "bands". One aircraft appears to be wearing the kind of "usual" grey+green camouflage seen, for example, on Bf 109 or FW 190. This series of booklets includes more interesting photos of He 219.

Radu

later edit: although Mark Proulx wrote a few booklets in that series, volume seven was authored by Jerry Crandall. 

Edited by Radub

10 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

I'd love to help but mine were taken with a crap phone camera and are a bit blurry.

no worries, thanks anyway

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Rich , do you mean before assembly of before restoration ?

Cj0u1ry.jpg

yes! This is the kind of thing we are after. Before assembly AND after restoration.  If you can provide images like this one, and others, please do let me know

39 minutes ago, Radub said:

Talking of He 219 camouflages, on page 26 of "Wings of the Black Cross" volume seven written by Mark Proulx (member here) there is an aerial photo of an airfield with 29 x He 219 featuring all kinds of camouflages including some that have wide camouflage "bands". One aircraft appears to be wearing the kind of "usual" grey+green camouflage seen, for example, on Bf 109 or FW 190. This series of booklets includes more interesting photos of He 219.

Radu

later edit: although Mark Proulx wrote a few booklets in that series, volume seven was authored by Jerry Crandall. 

thanks Radu - IIRC Eddie Creek has the image in his collection, but didn't know it was in the pubic domain. Will try and track down the Wings of the Black Cross book

4 minutes ago, richdlc said:

thanks Radu - IIRC Eddie Creek has the image in his collection, but didn't know it was in the pubic domain. Will try and track down the Wings of the Black Cross book

You can get the books here: http://www.eagle-editions.com/library-of-eagles-aviation-civil-war-and-western-books/wings-of-the-black-cross 

HTH 

Radu 

And that is the reason why I did not scan the photo and post it here. Instead I quoted the title of the book, the author and the page number. This is standard procedure for quoting existing work. I posted a link to the publisher's website where these books can be purchased. 

My point was that, since Richard is working on the "camouflage section", it is worth looking at this photo which shows a camouflage pattern that was not mentioned in other sources. My point was never that Richard should steal that photo. Richard can easily contact Jery Crandall and discuss permissions and information. In my experience, most holders of such photographs share them for free. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

4 hours ago, Radub said:

Radu - is this the photo (this is a screen grab of a low res thumbnail only) you mention? If so, we have it thank you

Screen-Shot-2020-05-14-at-14-03-39.png