Are there any 1/32 modern US Navy paint masks?

bushande

Hello gentlemen,

I am currently in the stages of preparing the painting process for a little project I have on my table for quite some time now, namely an F-14.

I could use DIY decals but also thought about maybe painting some of the markings.

Question now is, I seem to remeber that at some time many moons ago there were some paint masks for modern USN aircraft available bu my research doesn't yield any result.

Does any of the experts around here know if there are any paint masks availble or at least have been available for modern US Navy aircraft, such as basic stenciling like the NAVY writing, the starsn'bars, NO STEP markings etc.?

I would be happy to save myself cutting the masks myself.

Any good hint or advice would be much appreciated. many thanks in advance for any help and reply.

7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I can't imagine masks for stuff like "NO STEP" even in 1/32 (or even 1/24) would be a feasible option.  There is only so small you can get things to cut right.

I thought exactly that until I found a YouTube video showing some guy doing exactly that. I’ll try and find it- 

(actually, it was a stencil, but it was still painted on).

Oh that's excellent. Many thanks for the heads up. That would already be quite some help.

Now I only need to know if there is something similar to that for the stars n' bars and maybe the NAVY writing.

Otherwise I'll be forced to do that myself (which I would hate I confess).

Mn thanks for the replies once again.

Wow thats a super cool video. 

Ironicaly i spend hours this week looking for a proper paint fading tutorial.. and that what this video starts with. Oviously im seing this the day after i biy the bullet and faded the paint to the best of my abilities....