Hobby boss A26B “Intruder” —> Modeling News

Rick Griewski

7 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

If you can find the new 1/32nd scale Revell single seat Me262.  Everywhere I've checked, they're out of stock.

Well, Hannants shows one in stock, BNAModelWorld shows in stock, Ebay has listings.

Mark Proulx

Hey Mark,

I've seen the Ebay extortion listings for the Me262A-1 (which is the one I'll be looking for) ....the three I currently see are nothing I'd consider (one from Australia at $76 and two from Japan at $170...um, no..just no).  Hannants, shows in stock but at $52 +shipping from the UK...nope, not willing to spend that much. BNA I'd never heard of before but at $114+ Australian Dollars, ($76 USD), that's way out of the ballpark for a Revell kit.  I don't very often (once every other year on average) order from outside the United States.  Shipping kills most of the deals even if the base kit price is decent.

No thanks.  I'll wait until someone in the U.S. gets them in stock and then I'll probably get one.  I do agree it's a stellar kit but just not worth the current investment necessary to acquire one.  If the US never has stock again, oh well, I guess I missed out.  No big deal as I've got loads of kits that can be built instead. :)

4 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Hey Mark,

I've seen the Ebay extortion listings for the Me262A-1 (which is the one I'll be looking for) ....the three I currently see are nothing I'd consider (one from Australia at $76 and two from Japan at $170...um, no..just no).  Hannants, shows in stock but at $52 +shipping from the UK...nope, not willing to spend that much. BNA I'd never heard of before but at $114+ Australian Dollars, ($76 USD), that's way out of the ballpark for a Revell kit.  I don't very often (once every other year on average) order from outside the United States.  Shipping kills most of the deals even if the base kit price is decent.

No thanks.  I'll wait until someone in the U.S. gets them in stock and then I'll probably get one.  I do agree it's a stellar kit but just not worth the current investment necessary to acquire one.  If the US never has stock again, oh well, I guess I missed out.  No big deal as I've got loads of kits that can be built instead. :)

Well, I hope you can find one. I am sure it will be around for awhile as the mold is to new to disappear . Surprisingly, I am seeing a lot of 32nd scale Trumpeter Me 262 showing out of stock. That may be problematic as well. :crying:

And don't get me going on shipping costs! :mental:

Mark Proulx

Edited by Mark P

27 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-me262-a-1-jetfighter-1-32-aircraft-model-kit-03875/  £30.70

Happy to buy it & ship it to you if you cover the costs?

Thanks for that link!  I just purchased one and came in under what I was expecting to pay, including shipping to the USA!  Now, I just hope they actually have it in stock and can ship it as soon as possible given the nasty little bug that's upending everyone's lives around the world.

Edited by Juggernut

There was ONE in stock from a US seller on e-bay for $59 and change, but they wanted almost $40 for postage...from Texas to Idaho! But, seeing a couple of builds, I'm sticking with the Trumpy kit. Fit looks a bit... loose.

From my perspective, there certainly is issues with the fit on the nose of the Revell kit. However, the fidelity of the slat details and its superior presentation, make the Revell kit the winner in my opinion. Again, other views may vary, which is their right... I guess you choose your poison!

Mark Proulx

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-me262-a-1-jetfighter-1-32-aircraft-model-kit-03875/  £30.70

Happy to buy it & ship it to you if you cover the costs?

Some nice deals at Jadlam. Am very tempted by some of the Britains farm stuff like the blue landy, to "hang around" near something like a Eurofighter. Also love the accessories...

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/britains-slurry-tanker-roadside-blue-1-32-diecast-farm-vehicle-43201/

And the Revell Mustang for £27. Might be tempted to do my bit for the economy during these hard times,

Tony

Edited by Tony T
usual rabbit out the hat routine

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Some nice deals at Jadlam. Am very tempted by some of the Britains farm stuff like the blue landy, to "hang around" near something like a Eurofighter. Also love the accessories...

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/britains-slurry-tanker-roadside-blue-1-32-diecast-farm-vehicle-43201/

And the Revell Mustang for £27. Might be tempted to do my bit for the economy during these hard times,

Tony

They sell Revell & Tamiya in 1/32. 

Tamiya prices are standard retail, but for some reason the Revell kits seem to be very cheap indeed, and they tend to have plenty of stock.

47 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Who has seen builds of the A26 Kit?  Where are they?  

Thanks in advance

Rick

Like the post above this said, the kit isn’t out yet.  The only builds people have seen are from the buildups that HB has brought to various toy and hobby shows.  Some photos in these threads, which were found with Google.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/309028-132-douglas-a-26b-c-invader-family-by-hobbyboss-a-26b-released/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235058271-132-douglas-a-26b-c-invader-by-hobbyboss-a-26b-released/page/3/