Is Jerry Rutman’s 1/32 P-51B still available

turboprop4

No, I believe Jerry Rutman went out of business several years back.  You might find one on ebay or a member here on the forum can possibly sell you one.  Expect to pay high prices for this kit if you are looking for the complete P-51B kit.  

I spoke to Jerry about a year ago and he said he has no intentions of ever reproducing his kits again. He's tired of smelling resin. He sold some of his molds to Grey Matters, but the 51 was not one of them unfortunately, and I cant remember why he said he didn't sell those molds?

Myself, I put it out there right here, that I was on the search for one and Mike Horina (thanks again Mike) answered my request. So one never knows unless one tries, you'll never know. Good luck.

Reuben

Keep in mind this is what car modelers call a curbside kit, no engine detail, so all your detailing will be in the cockpit, wheel bay, etc.  Good luck. If you do a google search for this particular kit, there is a modeler on this forum who built one and it took him awhile to build it.  Check it out:  https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1761

2 hours ago, turboprop4 said:

I guess I’ll start my begging in the forum. 

You might want to just wait for the forthcoming Zoukei Mura P-51B kit. Based on their track record, it is sure to be a fantastic kit. No release date has been announced, but it is supposed to be "next" in their lineup.

I have a Rutman P-51B kit that I started to build a few years ago. The biggest issue with it is that the fuselage is 3/16" too wide due to being based on the Hasegawa P-51D. That translates into a fat/wide canopy and many other fuselage shape issues. Plus, it was produced around 15 years ago, long before modern casting techniques and resins were available. The tan resin he used is extremely stinky and brittle. All of these reasons and more are why it sits in the box while I await the release of the ZM kit.

D

11 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

You might want to just wait for the forthcoming Zoukei Mura P-51B kit. Based on their track record, it is sure to be a fantastic kit. No release date has been announced, but it is supposed to be "next" in their lineup.

I have a Rutman P-51B kit that I started to build a few years ago. The biggest issue with it is that the fuselage is 3/16" too wide due to being based on the Hasegawa P-51D. That translates into a fat/wide canopy and many other fuselage shape issues. Plus, it was produced around 15 years ago, long before modern casting techniques and resins were available. The tan resin he used is extremely stinky and brittle. All of these reasons and more are why it sits in the box while I await the release of the ZM kit.

D

I sold it just because of those issues, but apparently just because of those issues, i got clobbered all over the place because it was a mortal sin to critize mr. Rutman...........yeah right!!