Bandai 1/5000 Star Destroyer

spacewolf

• 2 months later...

Vaughn,

It looks great!  You got me fired up and I bought one and followed your tips to build mine.  It is a great kit that went together flawlessly.  I love it.  The only complaint I have is how difficult it is to turn on and off the lights.  :BANGHEAD2:  What did you end up doing with the clear pieces?  Mine are just sitting in the box.  Hate to just through them away.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, 32scalelover said:

Vaughn,

It looks great!  You got me fired up and I bought one and followed your tips to build mine.  It is a great kit that went together flawlessly.  I love it.  The only complaint I have is how difficult it is to turn on and off the lights.  :BANGHEAD2:  What did you end up doing with the clear pieces?  Mine are just sitting in the box.  Hate to just through them away.

Greg

Aye, that is the one pain of the kit. If I were to do it again I'd rig a remote switch.. taking off and putting back on the structure is nuts. I gave the clear parts away tp a chap in my local model group.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, The Madhatter said:

Is it me, or is the ship orientated to show the undetailed side? 

Great paint work. I think I might use that method for my Zvezda SD when it comes time for it. It looks very effective 

Yes, unfortunately that's how it was in the movie... the good thing is that from anything over 12 inches away you can't see the detail anyway :-)