1:16 scratch built Sopwith Camel

toxy59

Hi.

I'm new to this forum and am more used to lathes and drills than keyboards and mice so please 

can somebody help me to upload photos of my Sopwith Camel build.

There are several Camel builds in progress and perhaps we can help each other with problems.

The engine was the first thing to be built .Although I would  have liked to build a fully working

engine at 1:16 scale not possible so just the drive gear ,valve gear and gun interrupter gear operate.

every part is scratch built in metal  from full size drawings.

Started on the fuselage.Didn't realise it had so many clips holding parts together!This is going

to be a long build!

Hopefully somebody can help with the photo thing but remember 

my knowledge of computers is less than a new born.

Welcome aboard, Toxy!

:hi:

You can't upload images to the forums directly, so the basic process involves uploading them to a third-party hosting site, and then copying and pasting the image links into your posts here. I can't give you more specific advice than that, as it will vary depending on where you are hosting your images, but there are certainly plenty of options.

Kev

Do you have a host website for your photos like Image Shack or Imgur?  Those are the two off the top of my head but there are several others.  I use Image Shack although they charge me a couple bucks a month but I like it because it is so simple to use.  I think there are some free hosting sites too.  

Once you have a hosting site, it's fairly easy to load pics on the forum.

Let us know if you need more help...

Bryan

Thanks Kevin and Bryan. Tried Flicker and photo bucket got nowhere.My partner also tried and she

also gave up.

Obviously computers and me do not get on. So regretfully, I will say good bye  to the

forum and thanks for trying to help.

Thanks again,

toxy59

6 hours ago, toxy59 said:

Thanks Kevin and Bryan. Tried Flicker and photo bucket got nowhere.My partner also tried and she

also gave up.

Obviously computers and me do not get on. So regretfully, I will say good bye  to the

forum and thanks for trying to help.

Thanks again,

toxy59

Well that is a shame, as I think you would really like the place after getting to know some of the excellent modelers we have.

There is plenty if help here for hosting pics. All you really need is to let us know where in the process you are stuck and I'm sure you could get is sorted.

4 hours ago, Biggles323 said:

Why can't we upload directly to the site? I'm on a Land Rover forum that allows it. Strange, make it a lot easier.

I think it costs a lot more money to do something like that.  If you want to try Image shack I can walk you through it.  It's been easy for me to use.

5 hours ago, Biggles323 said:

Why can't we upload directly to the site? I'm on a Land Rover forum that allows it. Strange, make it a lot easier.

There are two main reasons: security, and storage resources. ARC was hacked some years back due to a malicious image upload, and while it's true that this is not that common any more, it's still a potential risk. The issue of paying for sufficient server storage is a much more relevant one these days, and we just can't afford to do it. Our server already has well over 100,000 images on it, and we stopped allowing uploads almost 10 years ago! Continuing to allow uploads on such an image-driven site such as ours would have ground us into the dust by now, unfortunately.

Kev

Maybe introduce a fee structure. The Landy forum I'm on has one and I pay the basic $11 per year. There are much higher ones that allow people to advertise on the site, exclusive areas etc. It was set up due to the founder getting a health scare and wanting the forum to continue should the worst happen. All members supported the idea. Thoughts?

Hi Biggles323.

Thanks for your input.The main reason for not carrying on in the forum is the problem I'm having is 

registering with flickr or photo  bucket.Just keep going around in circles and getting nowhere.

Lifes too short!I did say that computers and me do not mix.How right I was. 

Still going to follow  work in progress hoping Garage21 will post some more information

on his build.

Thanks once again to all those who tried to help.

toxy59