Revell 1/32 Fw 190. First build since 2001.

Longbow_06

Thank you, gentleman.... I know it's not perfect, by a long shot, but as a first build in a long time I'm enjoying the process.

Painting is still on my mind. I used to use Humbrol pants, living in England.

I'm still tempted to try and get something different from the Vallejo, despite the fact that I love how they spray, I obviously shouldn't be using IPA as a thinner.

I was able to pick up a couple of small bottles of the Vellejo thinner, yesterday, and may try a test shot at some point, this week.

Thanks for stopping by....

Lee. 

SIwOBGp.jpg

i struggled to find something for the break line straps. I know a lot of you guys use thinly cut Tamiya masking tape. 

I ended up using a metal tape, that is used for insulated HVAC ducting. 

It has a sticky back, covered in brown paper. 

It worked great, and I just sealed it with some mat varnish prior to primer coat. 

https://i.imgur.com/BMAarlj.jpg

Looks great so far! Tamiya fine white is about as smooth a surface as you can create on a model IMHO.

39 minutes ago, Longbow_06 said:

i struggled to find something for the break line straps. I know a lot of you guys use thinly cut Tamiya masking tape. 

Im sure its exactly what some of us have mentioned before, but its just so darn handy..................In the future, if you are ever in need of such an item and don't want want the chrome/polished look try Aizu "Micron masking tape". They make pack that has 0.4 mm tape all the way up to 2 mm tape. Utterly handy for anything from brake line straps, to masking the small yellow lines seen on phantom canopies, to masking the pink sealer on Russian planes, to masking super tiny curved lines. 

Its nice because you don't have to worry about cutting the width yourself, and the lines are always  nice, straight and even. 

P1020602_a6770c21-db7f-4de5-a28c-75c76d9

Nice work.  Are you the same Lee who made me aware of the way to depict welds using cut down brass tube and epoxy putty?  If so your previous work was very impressive.

I have read (Michael Ullmann) that by the time the F-8 was being built, the internals apart from the cockpit were unpainted aluminium (you may call it aluminum now!) although steel parts were still painted for corrosion protection.  That would include the engine compartment and undercarriage bays.

34 minutes ago, Wegener said:

Nice work.  Are you the same Lee who made me aware of the way to depict welds using cut down brass tube and epoxy putty?  If so your previous work was very impressive.

I have read (Michael Ullmann) that by the time the F-8 was being built, the internals apart from the cockpit were unpainted aluminium (you may call it aluminum now!) although steel parts were still painted for corrosion protection.  That would include the engine compartment and undercarriage bays.

No sir, that was not me...