Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Gents, thanks for the comments!


John, the annoying thing about this is that on Big Beautiful Doll, my other Tamiya P-51D, I did paint them black, but in Mike's follow-on picture they look flat black to me.  I should be able to easily correct that. 

 

Mike, you are right, the seat belts are pulled a bit too far forward - will see if I can fix that - but also am referencing these pictures:

Om4wcz.jpg

i87MrR.jpg

mkIoYg.jpg

 

Went back and forth on whether to put a pilot into the seat, but the figure just covers up too much of the interior, something else learned from BBD.

 

Thanks again guys!

Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CANicoll said:

 

 I hear you.  I got all three sets put on this evening, thanks for highlighting for me.  Do you have a build thread on your build?  CN

Glad to help, I don't have a build thread going. Don't have a photo hosting site other than PB which I don't use anymore. I wish there were an easier way to post photos here. Oh well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I use Imageshack which works pretty well - I know a lot of folks here use them too after PB imploded.

 

CN

I may have to check that out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, markiii said:

Glad to help, I don't have a build thread going. Don't have a photo hosting site other than PB which I don't use anymore. I wish there were an easier way to post photos here. Oh well

 

Check out postimage - free and very easy to use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Markiii, here is the finished sidewall with the added 7 decals I missed earlier.  Added a drop of clear to the semi-circle gauge.

That is something like 17 decals just on this sidewall, and I know there are a few that are missing from the period photos I've seen. 

UhQuok.jpg

 

More to come.  Thanks!!

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CANicoll said:

   Mike, you are right, the seat belts are pulled a bit too far forward - will see if I can fix that - but also am referencing these pictures:

 

Hey, you got proof , go for it. That verticle tube in the back that the belts attach too

may have had a hydraulic tube inside it that allowed for belt tension adjustment.

Kinda like Spits and Hurris .

Looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

 

Hey, you got proof , go for it. That verticle tube in the back that the belts attach too

may have had a hydraulic tube inside it that allowed for belt tension adjustment.

Kinda like Spits and Hurris .

Looking good.

 

Mike:  I like your thinking on that. Thanks for your comments, always welcomed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, turbo said:

 

Check out postimage - free and very easy to use

Thanks, I'll look into it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Thanks Markiii, here is the finished sidewall with the added 7 decals I missed earlier.  Added a drop of clear to the semi-circle gauge.

That is something like 17 decals just on this sidewall, and I know there are a few that are missing from the period photos I've seen. 

UhQuok.jpg

 

More to come.  Thanks!!

Chris

Much better sir, are you going to paint that line below the data placards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...