Revell Lynx HMA.8

Dave Williams

10 minutes ago, John1 said:

Yikes, that must look pretty awful.   For that reason alone, I wouldn't build this one.  Any aftermarket options to address this?

Not really.  Eduard includes replacements on their PE sheet, but it consists of four individual flat segments that you have to glue together, and then make the complex bends yourself.

Some people have made their own.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934743-westland-lynx-mesh-intake-guards-how-to/

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Yikes, that must look pretty awful.   For that reason alone, I wouldn't build this one.  Any aftermarket options to address this?

This chap had a go at sorting that issue out..... I wonder if Revell will ever do an AH7 kit, would thrill a lot of folks, me included!

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/ah-7-lynx-132/

6 hours ago, Stevepd said:

Right then, both of these are in the Hangar and I’ve taken some photos but just trying to remember how to upload the pics.

You will just need some sort of hosting program like Smug-Mug, Flikr, Imgur or the like to upload pics. 

The green’n’grey ones are mk9As’ & the grey ones are mk8s’. All are stripped for common parts for the wildcat and V&A commercial items. It takes approximately one month to process each cab with 10 people. They were then sold off to a contractor for pittance whom then sold them to buyers. 

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd
stupid autocorrect