Revell repop of Italeri Mirage IIIE

Tony T

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Still don’t understand why Italeri would allow Revell to sell their kit at a cheaper price, undercutting their own sales.

Italeri probably feel they've hoovered up the market, and will maybe release a derivative kit soon with parts for a 5 etc. This way, they sell more kits for somebody else to box and take to market.

Looking at the made-up kit in the Revell photo, it's looking as if the etch is not included. That means buying Eduard AM.

Tony

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

A friend of mine just ended one C. This is not an "assembler's kit" as are currently most of the Asian productions. Indeed, the kit asks for filler, plasticard and CA glue plus some rescribing. The result is exquisite but, alas, it is not a shake and bake kit. The nose, intakes and belly seams are asking for serious work. 

Thanks for the feedback, not for me then.

15 hours ago, f5guy said:

I was wonder about using my Isracast F-21 conversion on this kit myself......  :hmmm: Fred K.

The Isracast noses cannot be used as such on the Italeri fuselages because of a diameter difference (the Revell nose is thinner). The solution is to put a plastic shim between the fuselage and the nose to lengthen it a little bit BUT this will probably have an impact on the panels line location as the full nose will consequently be a little bit too long.. :-( Not impossible but annoying.

Fortunately, there is no problem with the other parts.

T.

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Isracast noses cannot be used as such on the Italeri fuselages because of a diameter difference (the Revell nose is thinner). The solution is to put a plastic shim between the fuselage and the nose to lengthen it a little bit BUT this will probably have an impact on the panels line location as the full nose will consequently be a little bit too long.. :-( Not impossible but annoying.

Fortunately, there is no problem with the other parts.

T.

How much is a "little bit long" Thierry? Thanks, Fred K.

If you are interested to know How does the isracast resin n’ose fit to the Italieri kit , take a look to «  Piero’s » nesher ( my big scale models on RFI ) ,That will open new horizon for isracast sets owners........interesting!!!!!!

Alain

Edited by alain11

6 hours ago, alain11 said:

If you are interested to know How does the isracast resin n’ose fit to the Italieri kit , take a look to «  Piero’s » nesher ( my big scale models on RFI ) ,That will open new horizon for isracast sets owners........interesting!!!!!!

Alain

He did what I wrote: adding a disk of plastic card. 

On 27 September 2018 at 11:43 PM, Darren Howie said:On the bright side Kinetic are going ahead with a 32nd  IIIE/O next year.

Very much looking forward to that..

Indeed, and it's very unlikely Kinetic will stop there. Last I heard they were also intending to put out a 1/32 Kfir.

Tony

On 9/28/2018 at 6:08 AM, thierry laurent said:

Out of my memory, a little bit less than 2mm. To me this is not a major problem. As I wrote the annoying part may be the problem of the panel locations when the nose is lenghtened.

Hth

Thierry

Thanks Thierry! So one more question for everyone..... I want to use my Isracast F-21 conversion with this kit, but which version do I need? I know that the Mirage III & V family has many sub-versions that I don't know much about. I'd like to get it correct before buying the kit. Thanks in advance, Fred K.