ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Peter:  That is one big Owl and I also had no idea it really was just a flying fuel tank.  I can't tell where you had to rescribe the panel lines - that is looking really good - and those open side are very long.  Wow - like you said that is a lot of detail painting.  But if you are going to put that bird into a vignette, it is going to be A REALLY BIG VIGNETTE!  Although I have to admit, I like the striped socks.  Maybe a WWI meets WWII kind of scenario.   :)  

Chris

Guest Peterpools

Hi Justin

Much appreciated. I finally have the nose section on and what a job. I don't think ZM could have figured out how to put any more layers of parts in to making it any more complicated.

While I've been sanding and cleaning up the seams, I started on the engine bulkheads and have been spending a lot of time doing the detail paint work; it looks pretty good including the two small fuel bladders. Then comparing them to the three fuselage fuel cells, I decided to repaint all the derails as I'm now use to what the colors should be. Looks so much busier now. Pics later this week.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ben, very much appreciated. Taking a short break from the fuselage and doing a lot of the internal wing nacelle details painting and then back to the Owl's nose assembly

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear, much appreciated.

Moving forward and starting to tinker with how to do the cammo.

Always something

Peter

HI Justin

Much appreciated. I finally have the nose section on and what a job. I don't think ZM could have figured out how to put any more layers of parts in to make it any more complicated.

While I've been sanding and cleaning up the seams, I started on the engine bulkheads and have been spending a lot of time doing the detail paint work and it looks pretty good including the two small fuel bladders. The comparing them to the three fuselage fuel cells, I decided to repaint all the derails as I'm now use to what the colors should be. Looks so much busier now. Pics later this week.

Peter

Bro,

Looking forward to seeing those pics here.

Joel

Guest Peterpools

John, so very much appreciated.

I'm hoping all the frustrating fit problems are behind me and over with. The nose assembly is now on and I've been doing a lot of hand detail painting in the engine nacelles, while taking a short break form sanding and filling. It is surprising how some color adds to the interest of the moldings.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Urs

Much appreciated and looking forward to your upcoming Owl build.She sure is a good looking airplane and big.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hubert

Thanks you for the compliments on my style of work. Everyone enjoys building a presenting the work in their own style and that's just part of the fun

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Chris, very much appreciated.

My little friend Otto is a bit of a joke and he was the last figure I had painted. Just thought he looked good hanging out with the Owl.

I've been doing a lot of detail painting in the nacelle, as it's a nice break from all the sanding and filling I needed to do, so the next update should be on the colorful side. After doing the wing fuel cells, I thought the fuselage fuel cells being the first assemblies I tackled, were a bit on the dull and plain Jayne side, I repainted a good portion of each one - looks so much better.

The vignette will just a be a base under the Owl, some grass and dirt and a few figures. Hopefully it will look ok

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian .. I know I'm going to regret this: but so far, know I'm moving along slowly with no stumbling blocks in sight!

Peter