Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

1 hour ago, SharkOwl said:

Excellent comment Ivan Ivanovich.

May I add that the ''IFR probe'' was also used extensively by F-5E of Singapore And Saudi Arabia.

B)

SharkOwl

Dang!

Totally forgot those Saudi F-5Es. Good point on that!  :doh:

Singapore F-5Es/IFR probes:

Pre-F-5S upgrade (F-5E) -> IFR probe mostly installed during deployments/ferry flights or during aerial refueling drills. Rarely installed during every-day squadron ops.

Post-F-5S upgrade -> IFR probe permanently installed.

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

I am still celebrating the fact that we have at least three (?) 1/32 scale F-5 kits to play with. Take my next remarks in this context.

What disappoints me is we are discussing AM for a brand new kit that will correct some fairly glaring issues and things that are left out of the box. By this I mean, cockpit tub depth (glaring is in the eye of the beholder), intake trunking, IFR probe. Exhaust cans could be better and I read above about other changes required, which may or may not be so much of an issue. In addition, some of the marking options are not technically possible with what's included in the kit, if you want a fairly accurate representation.

I get that a lot of people will not be bothered by this but c'mon KH (in this instance), you can do better.

I am not against AM stuff (I use it quite often), but I would rather use it to replace kit parts with better looking options rather than have to buy stuff to compensate for things that are missing from the kit box.

I agree with the sentiment "if you don't like it, don't buy it". At the moment, I ain't buying it.

Guest Maxim

I think we'll see some stuff from Wolfpack Resin in time. Aires of course will do a cockpit if you can get it to fit that is, and Eduard the normal stuff.

Edited by Maxim

Let's wait and see what happens.

The F-5E kit is still fairly warm, an F boxing is just around the corner, and the Tigereye has just started making tracks. Quite naturally, "the aftermarket" takes some time to gather its speed. Given the Tiger II's popularity and the sheer plenitude of options, I'd be extremely surprised if "the usual suspects" didn't jump on the F-5E/F bandwagon. Sooner or later.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

(Лев Никола́евич Толсто́й/Leo Tolstoy)

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

18 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

F-5N pre- and post-2008 IP layouts - improving/correcting the current KH F-5N marking options, and depending on the timeframe, correcting the ROKAF markings.

The "pre-2008" US NAVY/Marines IP layout is virtually identical with the E1-/E3-coded IPs found in any F-5E aircraft with production RWR installation, e.g. Swiss AF F-5Es.

for me the IP is the only thing that stopped my build progress . once a new one is available i can finally restart the engine . i have no need for the intakes or exhaust since i will cover them with evergreen and lead foil .

10 hours ago, DonH said:

I am still celebrating the fact that we have at least three (?) 1/32 scale F-5 kits to play with. Take my next remarks in this context.

What disappoints me is we are discussing AM for a brand new kit that will correct some fairly glaring issues and things that are left out of the box. By this I mean, cockpit tub depth (glaring is in the eye of the beholder), intake trunking, IFR probe. Exhaust cans could be better and I read above about other changes required, which may or may not be so much of an issue. In addition, some of the marking options are not technically possible with what's included in the kit, if you want a fairly accurate representation.

I get that a lot of people will not be bothered by this but c'mon KH (in this instance), you can do better.

I am not against AM stuff (I use it quite often), but I would rather use it to replace kit parts with better looking options rather than have to buy stuff to compensate for things that are missing from the kit box.

I agree with the sentiment "if you don't like it, don't buy it". At the moment, I ain't buying it.

I totally agree with your assessment Don, but the reality of it for me is that I want to build 32nd scale F-5E/Fs, and a bunch of them at that. The chances of another manufacturer releasing a better kit within the next 30 years is ZERO. Hell, it took someone this long to top the old Hasegawa kit, and in 72nd scale, there still isn't even a decent kit to work with 40 years after the F-5E first flew. The F-5E/F just doesn't get much love. If the Japanese or Germans flew it in WWII, or it were a "Teen" fighter,  there would be fifty kits of it available, but not so.

KH's kit is definitely a bit lackluster, and half assed in some area's, but at least they did a good job with the overall shape. With a little aftermarket help, I can live with the rest. I understand that this will turn some folks off. Me, I'm just happy to not have to rescribe another Hasegawa F-5E, and to FINALLY have a big scale F :bow: FWIW, Fred K.

Just reviewing the 1/32 ''Future Releases'' mode search on Hannants (Uk) website.

Nothing yet for the Kittyhawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II.

179 items listed but no decals, no photoetch, no resin enhancement kits for the F-5E.

Nothing at all.

:(

SharkOwl

Reference https://www.hannants.co.uk/futurereleases?search_direction=asc&scale_id=953

PS :

Please do not disperse on too many threads on the same subject, it will be easier to follow ! 

Thanks.

Edited by SharkOwl

AMS Resin 1/32 F-5E Tiger II Wheels, Early Ejection Seat & Late Ejection Seat at Sprue Brothers !

Excellent.

Please AMS Resin, do not forget :

An ADF Fin Fillet, an In Flight Refueling Probe, two Intake Covers, an access ladder and (why not) a complete resin cockpit !

:clap2:

SharkOwl  

Reference :

http://store.spruebrothers.com/category_s/2361.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=2361&show=60&page=1&brand=AMS Resin

22 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

AMS Resin 1/32 F-5E Tiger II Wheels, Early Ejection Seat & Late Ejection Seat at Sprue Brothers !

Excellent.

Please AMS Resin, do not forget :

An ADF Fin Fillet, an In Flight Refueling Probe, two Intake Covers, an access ladder and (why not) a complete resin cockpit !

:clap2:

SharkOwl  

Reference :

http://store.spruebrothers.com/category_s/2361.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=2361&show=60&page=1&brand=AMS Resin

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE a IP for the pre/post 2008  planes .

pretty please ?