Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

47 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/07/kittyhawks-new-f-5f-tiger-ii-with-two.html

Only one access ladder??????..........really, where are the thoughts of KH to put only one into the kit......hey guy's two pilot's......two ladders:blowup:

On its report, The Modelling News is showing many photos but one is a photo of a Spanish Air Force F-5B, quite different compared to a F-5F !

Strange !

:huh:

SharkOwl 

1/32 Kitty Hawk Northrop RF-5E TigerEye.

Northrop Test vehicule F-5E 74-1420 illustrated.

One big 1/32 Kit for 27 x real aircraft produced and/or converted !

Malaysia (2) : 80-333 + 80-334 as M29-19 and M29-20 ;

Saudi Arabia (10) : 84-194 to 84-203 ;

Singapore (8) : Converted from existing F-5E airframes ; 

Taiwan (7) : Converted from existing F-5E Airframes :

5501 83-0085 Formerly F-5E 5315
5502 83-0086 Formerly F-5E 5316; w/o 10/12/03
5503 83-0087 Formerly F-5E 5317
5504 83-0088 Formerly F-5E 5318
5505 83-0091 Formerly F-5E 5321
5506 83-0093 Formerly F-5E 5323
5507 83-0094 Formerly F-5E 5324

With such an approach, can we hope for a future 1/32 F-20 Tigershark family ?

B)

SharkOwl

db804f07357da8b487e28af6e4eb022a.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl

Except for the RF-5E prototype/demonstrator the potential options should be no-brainers. Late F-5E airframes altogether.

A 32nd scale Tigershark would be a personal dream come true. BMW Grey, of course.  :wub:

rruGwLG.jpg

8ZDmxnf.jpg

As long as that kit would come with two different forward fuselages...

(82-0063 and 82-0064 had a modified fwd fuselage)

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

Am intrigued by the RF-5E Tiger Eye boxing and wondering what 'pelican' noses will be included, and if there's any trace of internal gear. There existed at least three nose variations.

Quite fancy breaking my no camo rule and doing a Saudi one in sand, milk coffee and green. Though the Singapore schemes look slick.

And still hoping Two Bobs upscales the Alconbury "grape" sheet so I can justify getting a regular Tiger.

Tony

Kittyhawk certainly seems to be pulling the stops out 'Tiger" wise and must certainly be applauded - just love it!!

Now all we need is the aftermarket decal boys to go mad and bring out all those lovely schemes in 32nd. scale which, when we get the intake/exhaust covers in aftermarket, will certainly give us a great model!

What a terrific time to be modelling in 32nd. scale!!!!

Steve S.

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Quite fancy breaking my no camo rule and doing a Saudi one in sand, milk coffee and green. Though the Singapore schemes look slick.

Tony

Why the self imposed limitation, Tony? Just curious.

ooooh yeah, that Tigereye looks promising, have always liked the "off" look on this one, and i was tempted to buy that "hard-to-get" resin conversion, but now...................

2 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Why the self imposed limitation, Tony? Just curious.

I got burned out on camo after doing umpteen kits in Vietnam camo in the 1980s, not to mention all the WW2 stuff I did as a kid in the 1960s-early 1970s painted in greens, browns, greys and duck egg something. 

Don't much go for modern shades of mushroom either.

Prefer slightly shinier finishes nowadays and like the "metal look" more - high speed silver aluminium polyurethane or aluminium cellulose lacquer finishes, which are essentially a thin uniform layer of aluminium powder in some medium, just like the model paint - or "blues" which I don't class as camouflage, which is why the F-5E "grape" scheme and, wow, a 1/32 Sea Flanker appeal so much.

Tony 

17 hours ago, Tony T said:

Am intrigued by the RF-5E Tiger Eye boxing and wondering what 'pelican' noses will be included, and if there's any trace of internal gear. There existed at least three nose variations.

And still hoping Two Bobs upscales the Alconbury "grape" sheet so I can justify getting a regular Tiger.

Tony

It seems now evident that Two Bobs WILL NOT be in the 1/32 scale business to create some decals for the 1/32 scale KittyHawk F-5E/RF-5E/F-5F family.

For many decal manufacturers, 1/32 decal sheet sales numbers are so low that they never cover the cost of producing them.

Those really interested for USAF F-5E agressors color schemes will have to wait for another decal manufacturer to do it

or

to create their own decal sheets, using 1/48 (Two Bobs) decals sheets as graphic template and reference material for colors

permitting this way more 1/48 F-5E decal sheets sales.

Meanwhile, I have big hopes for Furball Aero Design to release a 1/32 generic decal sheet for USAF F-5E agressor units, including all possible

''Bot Numbers'' (including Alconbury unit), serials, badges, stencils, etc... 

Furball Aero Desing already produced a superb 1/32 decal sheet (32-002) for Top Gun US Navy F-5E.

B)

SharkOwl 

Edited by SharkOwl