4 July 1989, Russian MIG 23MF Flogger-B crash in Belgium.

Guest DannyVM

Danny, I'll have a copy of that if you want to knock out more than one, just let me know costs via PM  :)

No problem at all. But first thing to do now is making a test copy and see if everything is ok. If it is then i start to cast some multiple copy's.

great work Danny

Mark

Thank's Mark, within minutes i gonna start to make the very first copy.

Greetz

Danny

Interesting project Danny, and very nice progress.

This WIP will also help remember the 18 year old young man that died in the crash.

His name was Wim Delaere. Having finished the june exams, Wim was enjoying the first days of the big school holiday. His mom and his older brother were out shopping (at the last moment Wim had decided not to go with them, but catch some extra sleep in his bed). The Mig hit the backside of the house and basically entered the house through the bedroom were Wim was sleeping. He was found in the wreckage of the plane, his blanket still wrapped around him. RIP Wim.

Sincerely

Pascal

Interesting project Danny, and very nice progress.

This WIP will also help remember the 18 year old young man that died in the crash.

His name was Wim Delaere. Having finished the june exams, Wim was enjoying the first days of the big school holiday. His mom and his older brother were out shopping (at the last moment Wim had decided not to go with them, but catch some extra sleep in his bed). The Mig hit the backside of the house and basically entered the house through the bedroom were Wim was sleeping. He was found in the wreckage of the plane, his blanket still wrapped around him. RIP Wim.

Sincerely

Pascal

Indeed Pascal, i knew the story but thank's for putting it over here. I surely will help to remember that a innocent soul had lost his life for something he had nothing to do with and maybe even know about it.

Thank's for posting.

Greetz

Danny

My very first cast is a fact. :frantic:

And very important, all went very wel. I got myself a resin MIG 29/23 nose cone. The resin nose is smooth and free from air bubbles. The only thing that is needed to do is to remove the part from the Trumpeter MIG 23 nose which i used to keep the MIG 29 in shape.

Of course, this first  and the second resin cast will be reserved for Mark (Mark31) who made this all possible. He gave his Trumpeter MIG 29 nose cone to me, as a master. We all know what happend to it. So i wanna thank Mark for making this possible :speak_cool:

QHjT7xbh.jpg

wB7Yjuhh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM

Hi Danny, loving the build so far - excellent work on the casting and thanks for the tutorial  :clap2:

With pleasure Sam.

Sweet! Great tutorial on the resin too. 

Jim 

Thank's Jim. :speak_cool:

Great casting Danny.

What brand of rubber and resin did you use ?

Sincerely

Pascal

Thank's Pascal,

i used a starter kit called Sylmasta. It's the same brand that makes the Magic sculpt putty's. In this kit you get the rubber, release agent, the resin, two cup's for mixing the components, and some other stuff.

Dis-advantage is that there is just enough to poor one rubber mold (in case of the nose cone) and you get 400 ml in total of the resin. In the case of the nose cone i can cast 8 pieces of it.

Wasn't aware that someone died in the crash. Sad news to me.

Good project to learn about history.

Regards

- dutik

Sadly yes there was one casualty.

It becomes more dramatic when you take a look at the aerial photo's. A little more or less flight time would surely be ended into a field without casualty's.

a0jypN8h.jpg

Shu25Uvh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM

I did some dry-fit today of the nose cone onto the fuselage to see if all go's together well. Just remember it's a rough dry-fit, the fuselage and nose cone needs some more trimming and sanding so everything will be smooth when glued.

I think the shape look's very good and much better then the original nose cone from the MIG 23 kit.

1TlIqw9.jpg

Greetz

Danny