Revell/Lodela 1/32 Typhoon MK1B

Shawn M

Thanks Tommy, had NO idea you could work it so quickly after laying it down!

I thought it was more spray, wait a day then touch it lol.

Or is that just for canopies?

Can I still use acrylic base washes on the future?

Acrylic base washes tend to stain on Future-- that's good or bad I suppose depending on what you are expecting. 30 mins?

I think that's pushing it. Cracks started to develop below my decals first..then it extended out to the entire model on my Peashooter.

I've checked out my P-40 -- this too has very fine cracks, but only on the lower decals. I had to really look for it, but it's there.

Of course, I used Future cut with about 10% Windex. I waited at leas 24 hours before touching the model after a coat of Future.

Good luck!

An old builder told me enamel washes over acrylics, and acrylic washes over enamels. I've stuck to to this for 35 years. I've also never experienced decals cracking with Future. I've hand brushed future and used rattle can dull coat before I got my first airbrush in my late teens. You couldn't tell I brush painted, brushed future on the model. You would've thought I airbrushed it!

As my experience and tools of the trade changed, I've used only two types of paint, Model Master and Tamiya. Have had success with both. Future as my gloss coat and decal sealer. Hope this helps.

I've used acrylic, enamel and lacquer as washes over Future. The only thing I now that will damage Future after it cures. 

Ammonia, which is in Windex.  If you dip a clear part in Future and find debris, dust...soak in Windex.

I let mine cure for 24 hours between application and decals and visa-versa. I've been using this stuff since the

late 80's and have had exactly 2 problems (1) Cutting Edge tail stripe decal on my PG1 (2) 1 Hobby Craft NVAF decal on my MiG-19.

Don't know about Tamiya X-22 except I can buy a 27 Fl Oz bottle of Future for what 2 1/3 Fl Oz  X-22.

Just my 2 cents

jack

I sprayed one of my paint mules with future yesterday and got everything from glass smooth to orange peel.

Going to make my decision tonight as to which clear to go ahead with.

Realized I need to repaint my wood grain on the antennae first though, which is fine as it give more time for the enamel yellow glaze to dry.

Edited by Shawn M

Orange peel, if it ain't heavy, is no big deal. You can still put your decals down, and then another coat of future in 24 hours. Even if the final coat is a little orange peely, the dull coat will make it all disappear, no fooling!

Edited by Big Texan

do I paint the wing walkways on or not?

Since my airframe PR-G had an early and late iteration Im not sure what is correct, I see some with and some without.

All of my "official" paint ref's dont show it and pics are a total hit an miss.

I may add them just for visual interest and further weathering....

What say you?