Building the New Hasegawa A6M5c Zerosen

When the hell is this kit gonna be here stateside????? Gotta get one, trying to be patient!

You might as well order it, because when it does hit, the LHS are gonna jack the price, and make it worse than it would be with shipping.

I wonder where they got that seat from, I've never seen one like it in a Zero before.

That's because it was only in the A6M5c and later versions.  It had a wooden back for a life raft and para pack.  There's a good drawing of it in the Aero Detail Zero book.  The kit seat is a little simplified, that's why I added the para pack and life raft.  Less work I'd have to do in scratch building, that and the splash of color the blue IJN parachute adds.

Edited by Spaced Marine

• 2 weeks later...

Overall fit has been quite good. Just a little Tamiya putty on the fuselage seam. The fuselage and wings are not glued yet, but the join is very solid and I'm not expecting any gaps.

32C2C4E4-FA22-4F1A-BA9E-10CD6AA168D8_zps

I'm going to use the Archer rivets to add the raised rivets to the rear deck. I might add selected rivets along the fuselage and wings with my RB riveter, but I'm not sure about that yet.

More to come.

She looks really good so far. I'm glad I snatched two of these up when they were in the presale mode. I've got to decide still if one of mine will be my next build after I finish my Tamiya A6M2 or if I'm going to do one of my many other projects on the "to do" list. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Brady