Trumpeter Ju-87D

Dave Williams

Actually ...

Very clever marketing policy by Trumpeter.

Buy the 'B', 'G' and 'D' ... and you'll actually be able to build all 3!! ...

* Use the centreline bomb and crutch from the 'B' kit ... to build a 'D'

* Use the centreline bomb and crutch from the 'G' or 'D' kit ... to build a 'B'

* Use the additional gun pods from the 'D' kit to complete your 'G'

Rog :)

There you go mate!! :)

Couldn't agree with you more Thierry! Perhaps a Trumpeter Ju 87 "Tweak List" in order?

Given my interest in the later Ju 87 versions and how "close" Trumpeter got to a good kit, I can only hope that someone steps up to the plate to address the shortcomings! I pressed Eduard to do some corrected cannons (pods and barrels) for the Ju 87 G and was replied to with a resounding NO!

Mark Proulx

A "Tweak List" and possibly a list of modifications needed to model each variant of the "D" Stuka?

The modifications to accurately depict a Ju 87 can be very difficult due to difficulties in identification. For example, a Ju 87 R photographed w/o fuel tanks is identical to a Ju 87 B. A late D-1 can appear as an early D-3.

So, not all that easy...

Mark Proulx

But there are differences within the basic versions that must be considered. Look at the D-1, for a single example. Early versions retained the large wheel covers of the B while later D-1's sported the newer, more aerodynamic covers, but both were D-1's. Given the obvious external difference, the changes are important to note. If not, then decals for a later D-1 could be put on an early D-1, which would be incorrect (if you care about accuracy. If not, read on...). 

Now, if people don't care, then this whole discussion is meaningless... You may as well put Rudel G markings on an Anton

Mark Proulx

• 3 weeks later...