1/32 Hurricane

Radub

Hi Jay, we'll definitely meet for a jar or two.

Rick, the tubular framework was made from evergreen 1.2mm round rod stock straight from the pack. The ends were drilled and a pin was inserted as a "peg". A corresponding hole was drilled in the connection point, and the peg went in there. The whole thing becomes quite sturdy when everything is connected without any glue. The cockpit is now glued together. Please ask as many questions as you wish. I will answer all.

I use a Ricoh Caplio RR30 which I bought especially for the macro facility. The pictures are actually quite poor because I used the flash which affected the colours a bit and caused some glare in places. I usually take my pictures in daylight but the weather has been atrocious lately. I will post some more photos soon which will hopefully be better.

Radu Brinzan

I feel sorry for the folks in any contest you enter.  They might as well just etch your name into the plaque before the show.

Hi Slartibartfast,

Although I am sure you meant it as a compliment, I would honestly hate that. I like a fair competition and I always had nothing but utmost respect for any of the model builders I ever competed against. I have been competing since 1997 and I was awarded all kinds of medals and trophies. I am not a "trophy hunter" but I find contentment in my fellow modellers' appreciation. This is just a hobby for me yet I had the chance to come across people that took this pastime too seriously (recently, one of my competition entries was interfered with by another competitor to the point that I had to ask the officials to move my model.) This model will probably be entered in competitions and I will accept whatever award with a smile on my face, I will have no grumblings about judges or judging standards and most importantly, I will not look down on the runners-up. I know I did my best.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, I greatly appreciate them.

Radu Brinzan

I feel sorry for the folks in any contest you enter.  They might as well just etch your name into the plaque before the show.

Hi Slartibartfast,

Although I am sure you meant it as a compliment, I would honestly hate that. I like a fair competition and I always had nothing but utmost respect for any of the model builders I ever competed against. I have been competing since 1997 and I was awarded all kinds of medals and trophies. I am not a "trophy hunter" but I find contentment in my fellow modellers' appreciation. This is just a hobby for me yet I had the chance to come across people that took this pastime too seriously (recently, one of my competition entries was interfered with by another competitor to the point that I had to ask the officials to move my model.) This model will probably be entered in competitions and I will accept whatever award with a smile on my face, I will have no grumblings about judges or judging standards and most importantly, I will not look down on the runners-up. I know I did my best.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, I greatly appreciate them.

Radu Brinzan

I must agree that your Hurricane will be impossible to beat at any convention.

When you are the best,then you should be proud of yourself. :)

Guest LSP_Jay L

I must agree that your Hurricane will be impossible to beat at any convention.

When you are the best,then you should be proud of yourself. :)

Well said Erwin. I totally agree. I would love to see this model "in the flesh" and I hope you will be bringing it to the nats Radu.

Cheers mate,

Jay

I think thats what called a healthy, balanced and postive attitude Radu. I think guys like yourself, Ken Foran, BrianG, Pierre, Chris are clearly in a class that is masterful and showing all of us what can be done with the mediums you guys choose.

The feedback that flows from these works on LSP/HS suggests to me that you are getting something far more lasting than any trophy...I think your work is clearly exciting other peoples imagination, entertaining us and demonstrating what can be done. It would earn anyones respect with the attention to detail, creativity and persistence in getting it right ( e.g seat photos/turning a piece multiple times).

By all means take it to a model competition. From what I interpret though, it seems like you'd be more inclined to take it to a show in order to babble on to the rest of the 'guys' about your build and theirs. I can't imagine in my life, I'd ever forget some of the builds I'm seeing, have seen on LSP...its awesome

Good stuff Radu

:) :)

Matt

Radu,

I think you shouldnt think of it as "Trophy Hunting" as noone really does this quality of work just to win competitions, its obviously love for what you do.

What you have to keep in mind is that when you and others on here like you (many mentioned already) it makes the rest of us want to raise the bar to match. Some of us will never get there but I know we will try :)

So take your Hurri to competitions and whoop some donkey because then your competition will come back and try and beat you next time

Dear Radu,

What a fantastic Hurricane! I'm delighted to see a new build-photograph every day, because your technique is most inspring! Thanks for sharing; keep on informing us, it will motivate us all to try and improve our own building skilles... I know I'm learning a lot from your Hurricane-build!

Happy modelling!

Piet Bouma

Thank you all again for the kind words.

This is the complete cockpit with all wiring and pipes in place (well, not actually, some piping was left out because it would not be visible on the finished model anyway). The colours look much better in daylight.

The fuselage will be joined later today.

Radu Brinzan

post-4-1126607847.jpg