I'm In!

I will weather it..even if it means that I will ruin it.

You won't ruin it Shaka, just take it gently, one step at a time. The simplest and safest way to apply grime is Flory's wash, it's very forgiving and can be taken off completely if you don't like it but there are of course many other more complex methods.

Max

Thanks Max! "It's only plastic after all." 

Painting with masking is finished. There's some really minor touch ups required, but I'm pretty stoked with how things turned out. Photo was taken with my "new" lens...(those walkway lines look thicker than they should, bummer).

ICRJxKi.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Some chipping, oil stains, exhaust/gun stains...Oil filtering?

I've post shaded the green and dark earth -- difficult to see with the gloss coat. I'm getting the hang of glossing with Future. I'll let this cure for a few days and apply the decals.

hAZeyVQ.jpg

While waiting for the Future to cure..I decided to prep a test model -- Eduard's 1/48 Spitfire that I've lost complete interest since moving up a scale. Chipping done with sponge dipped in Aluminum paint..it looks to even, but I spent all of 30 seconds do in it. I think it still looks fairly convincing even close up, but it's not like I have anything to compare it with....

Next will be my experiment with washes and exhaust/gun stains before committing to the Revell.

pfkBAOf.jpg