T-28 walkaround help

KAGNEW

well bad news.

no more trainer aircraft from us for a while.

the T-28 started out selling like the T-6, but has slowed to a trickle now.

I don't think we will even break even on it.

lets see how next kit sells............

Hard to believe the T-28 is selling slow. I personally have 4, and am most likely up for a 5th.  EVERYONE who sees and inspects my OOB build loves it. The LHS has sold several just based upon my model being in the display case on display, so I dunno.

Maybe North Texas is different?

I'll have the OOB kit, and hopefully a SEA bird with AMS resin and AOA decals at Scalefest next month, so we'll see what people say there as well. :)

I just hope Squadron has a bunch there for sale because they will sell and sell well.

This may help later. I am very slow getting smaller details on resin due to eye issues, but I hope to get these done in the next month or so. The seats need all the framework and bottom belts added, the rocket needs to be scratched. The armor for the front seat (on the left) is nearly complete, the rear armor is being shaped right now. 

IMG_2704_zpszn0lyqlf.jpg

IMG_2703_zpsbnunhpei.jpg

IMG_2701_zpscls5z5sw.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

Brian, I do, and hopefully will have two at Scalefest. The OOB version, and an Air Commando clandestine version using all the different goodies. It'll be a blast.

I too am a little surprised to hear the T-28 isn't selling at all. The T-28 decal sheet has done better than I was expecting, been much more interest in them actually over the two A-4E/F sheets combined.

Maybe once more aftermarket comes out the kit sales will increase (or people holding out for the T-28C??).

Edited by ziggyfoos

Guest Smitty44

T-28 sold out at Squadron and Scale Hobbyist...looks like we got you covered stateside at least. I hate to hear you stopped CAD on any jet trainers as I think they would outsell a prop...especially if it was a new tool T-33!!

Edited by Smitty44

• 2 weeks later...