1/32 Vacform F7F Tigercat

Derek B

Harold - not sure if this works for you, but I have the spoked nosewheel in 3D and could scale a print of it in 1/32

maybe that can be used as donor parts for a 1/32 resin master

WIP417_zpslvaeztyh.jpg

WIP1159_zpscvrlonug.jpg

..if that helps drop me a PM and I will arrange it & send it?

TTFN

Peter

Harold - not sure if this works for you, but I have the spoked nosewheel in 3D and could scale a print of it in 1/32

maybe that can be used as donor parts for a 1/32 resin master

WIP417_zpslvaeztyh.jpg

WIP1159_zpscvrlonug.jpg

..if that helps drop me a PM and I will arrange it & send it?

TTFN

Peter

Wow!!! Yes sir. Pm on the way.

This almost sounds like an answer to the question posed elsewhere, as to where are we going with modeling. Scanning real items, sharing photos and information for a collaborative effort to get the plane we want. Will we see printed masters for cast landing gear next?

Tnarg

hi every one, yes i have lots of close ups of the nose wheel and other area's...on cd..i havnt posted on here yet as im not sure how to do it???????....do you do a std email with an attachment?????? and a small photo.   or ...may i suggest    WALKAROUND #12 F7F TIGERCAT..BY STEVE MUTH...this one is the pensacola museum tigercat......you can buy this one from     sgmuth@optonline.net   ....or there is another one i bought off EBAY UK....    AERODETAIL SERIES   GRUMMAN F7F TIGERCAT...     THESE CD'S ARE FULL OF CLOSE UPS of all the detail you will need in the wheel wells,u/c details, cockpit, engines,cowlings,exhausts  its all there so if you are contemplating building  the 1/32 tigercat these are a must buy.....the wheels that harold has produced are a fantastic step forward....lets hope we get to see some more of his talent in the near future..i  for one certainly hope so.......i have some items that will be very useful for you to add to  the sp miniatures/tigger models tigercat...watch this space....mr p

Can you use drop box for the files?

harold, i have found the combat models vac nose wheel  here are the dimention's in millimeters     overall tyre size  is approx  18.5mm   tyre to hub is 3.5mm  hub is approx 13mm  thickness is about 4mm...these measurements are taken from a two part vacform .....they look very close but i dont know if they are accurate...something to  work with???i have messaged you some clear photo's of the main and nosewheel's...should you need any more info please ask....cheers paul......sp miniatures.

harold, i have found the combat models vac nose wheel  here are the dimention's in millimeters     overall tyre size  is approx  18.5mm   tyre to hub is 3.5mm  hub is approx 13mm  thickness is about 4mm...these measurements are taken from a two part vacform .....they look very close but i dont know if they are accurate...something to  work with???i have messaged you some clear photo's of the main and nosewheel's...should you need any more info please ask....cheers paul......sp miniatures.

I have the nose wheel measurements at 24"X6"....or .75"X.19" in 1/32 scale. Just a fraction larger than your measurements. I think I am close now.

Oh yes, thanks for the photos. 

Edited by Harold

• 3 weeks later...

Small update on the wheels..

I still have to drill mounting holes and a bit of cleanup on the nose wheel, but not a lot left to do. They are fairly close to scale and should be better than anything else available for a vac kit.

IMG_2475_zpsbvsghw2n.jpg

Damn nice Harlold!   Now all we need is an IM kit of my favorite air-frame!!!! 

Any chance of an open/non-covered nose wheel as well?

Edited by Out2gtcha

Damn nice Harlold!   Now all we need is an IM kit of my favorite air-frame!!!! 

Any chance of an open/non-covered nose wheel as well?

Unlikely on the open cover nose wheel. It would have to be a printed part, my carving skills aren't up to that level.

i have to agree with the others those wheels look really good well done....i would like a set as and when they are avaliable???? cheers.

Hopefully this coming week..I will be working on the nose wheel today and tomorrow in between pouring resin for Gordon.