1/32 Vacform F7F Tigercat

Derek B

john that would be brilliant if you could scale your 1/24 scale wheels down to 1/32 scale....i ve been trying to work out what i was going to use??? p38 nose, p47 mains etc i will be scratch building the main gear.....then looking out to find some one to cast them in metal...ive just started on the main bulk heads and nose wheel area....and will come up with some templates for other people to use. but would really like some one to cast a resin cockpit set ???? if i build one...if any one has any more suggestions..all your imput is important and maybe we can come up with a decent tigercat in 1/32... thanks for your intrest  regards paul ....sp miniatures and tigger models....

hi all, regarding the vacform john wilkes and my self have recently come up with....im hoping to give you a look at our tigercat???very soon.... i intend to do a dry build within the next week or so???  i have the test shots and not the final production  item...and will assemble one of these....i was very happy to see john from airscale show some intrest.... it would also be fantastic to see some 1/32 scale wheels for it too?????,    "yes please"  im just wondering if there is any one else intrested in making a contribution towards getting some where near a complete kit....decals would be great.???? some resin bits n bobs wouldnt go a miss...im happy to create some master patterns  if there is any one wanting to cast them....if you have any ideas or freinds that are intrested in our  tigercat vacform let us know...please contact us.. SP MINIATURES FACEBOOK PAGE OR TIGGER MODELS....thanks for looking regards ...paul..

I did some grooved and diamond tread TBM wheels some time ago. After looking at more photos, I think the back side isn't all that off. I will have to do some work on the spokes though. 

IMG_2304_zpszc9m1so0.jpg

IMG_2302_zpseypmlvqz.jpg

IMG_2303_zpsdgtrjxry.jpg

Edited by Harold

I just know that SOMEONE at SOMEPOINT will bring us an IM F7F.........................I just KNOW it.

Isn't that how it works...One of us has to go to great lengths to make a vac kit and make goodies for it. Then have several about half done and WHAM!

At least two will be announced in injected form. 

Edited by Harold

Ian't that how it works...One of us has to go to great lengths to make a vac kit and make goodies for it. Then have several about half done and WHAM!

Unfortunately, fate hasn't seen fit to do that to me- I did my Cheyenne, and Yak-38..... Still no LS kits!!   :shrug:

Isn't that how it works...One of us has to go to great lengths to make a vac kit and make goodies for it. Then have several about half done and WHAM!

Indeed!    Its my ALL TIME favorite air-craft, and Ill actually be buying BOTH.    I have the CM vac kit, and will be buying a SP miniatures vac kit as well.    And of COURSE I will need an IM kit of the F7F for SURE as well.....................and of course it wont be a perfect kit, so Ill need AM for it as well!    :lol:

I think there should be an IM company called "Murphey's Law"-they'll be rich guys by beating us with

such projects :deadhorse:  :thumbsup:

Indeed!    Its my ALL TIME favorite air-craft, and Ill actually be buying BOTH.    I have the CM vac kit, and will be buying a SP miniatures vac kit as well.    And of COURSE I will need an IM kit of the F7F for SURE as well.....................and of course it wont be a perfect kit, so Ill need AM for it as well!    :lol:

Could you check your drawings and see if it has the nose wheel size listed?