1/32 Trumpeter A6-A Drumstick!

karimb

Karim..

Firstly I missed this as I have been running around ..MOM in hospital etc so missed your AMAZING build.

I hope that your Mum gets well soon..Masallah you are able to go see her.. hooe everyone is well..

now I have read every word you posted and liked the way you wrote your progress. . Neat!

The cockpit et al is simply STUNNING work. . I must have drooled over it

as it look fantastic. ..

I am in awe and fascinated by your workmanship which is and has been FLAWLESS in MY eyes.

OUTSTANDING & IMPECCABLE attention to detail ..

:wow:

:bow:

Sweat box out of the way leaves you time for family ...flying ...and fun builds!

Masallah !

Maaaaaaaaaaruuuu

how are you my friend!

thank you for always bringing a smile to my face lol

your comments are always so nice and encouraging!

Mom is okay she is back home, but i cant go back to Beirut before at least the 17th when i finish my rotation, but after that i have 12 days off when i will be home to spend time with them and get some bench time done!

Hope all is well at your end

Karim

Excellent progress again. Great to hear you've reconsidering the loadout.

Have to ask.... how come you went with the Eduard NO STEP and NO PUSH on the wings? No offense you didn't use the decals, I'm just curious why you went with a generic(?) marking set rather than A-6 specific stenciling from the sheet? (Grumman markings were yellow-orange writing for application on white areas)

You may want to adjust your rear portion of your glare shields. It should follow the main sliding canopy line forwards and downwards (black fills in this area), then it runs a semi-horizontal line from that downward angle to the corner "point" of the nose (where you have it correctly). The kit panel line running below the canopy is very much too low so it brings the glare shield line too far down compared to the real thing. The way you have it may cause you some issues with placing the crew names and modex decals on the nose, it would look too jammed up and the p/c name will be too angled upwards. The red line here is what it should look like roughly. 

242_zpsaupumkrb.jpg

Ziggyfoos thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response my friend...

Yes i will be changing the loadout as promised...

thank you so much for taking the time to post the picture with the modified antiglare paint line so i can modify it. your input and help have been of great value in this build, sorry i could reply earlier i was on a flight rotation these past couple of days!

To be honest regarding the stencils, the plan was to get them weathered and chipped but after having painted them i decided against it so now i will respray over them and use the decal ones with the correct colour and scheme thanks for pointing out that they are different from the generic no step no push ones. i will leave the walkway ones though!

Thanks again 

(by the way i liked your decals so much that i just bought Intruders from the Sea for the second A6A i have in the stash!!!!!)

Karim

Cool ! J'ai aussi une fille de 5 ans, et un petit garçon qui va avoir 4 ans le 4 novembre prochain également. Juliette et Oscar, ça doit te dire quelque chose en temps qu'utilisateur régulier de l'alphabet radio. :) (mais on a même pas fait exprès !)

They also like to be in my modelling room, even if i am always afraid of them breaking something.... They like airplanes too.

Just an idea, even if Zoe may be a tad too young but it would be ok pretty soon, the Airfix quick builds. They are a mix between legos and models. The parts are assembled like legos, but once built they definitely look like models, and the shape is very good. At the moment, my kids have the F-22, BAe Hawk, Eurofighter and Bf-109E. Very nice toys !

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/by-brand/quick-build.html

I really love your A-6 build. Because of you, i will have to ask Santa for an A-6 for Christmas !

Zero77 le link que tu ma envoyer est super... je crois que je vais en acheter pour Zoe et pour moi (!!) lol.... super sympa ces petites maquettes!

I better start stashing some of those airfix quickbuilds for my daughter when she gets a bit older

I glad you like how the intruder is turning out and i hope Santa will be nice to you and get you one its a really really nice kit my friend!

Tu vas voir la boite est immense lol

Thanks for leaving a word 

Karim

Awesome work Karim and your written discription along with your photos are really helpfull for anyone tackling this build.

Cheers

Brent

Brent thanks for the kind comment...

it is really rewarding to hear that the build thread is going to be of help to others tackling this kit... thats what makes this so enjoyable !

i am glad you are enjoying it as much as i am !

Karim

Hey guys good evening!

Sorry i was slow to reply to everyone i had a real hectic last couple of days at work...

just a quick interim post...i wont be going back to the workbench at home before the 17th or 18th of november when i have leave, so i am here thinking of all the stuff i still have pending on the intruder and gathering more stuff that i will modify/change or add to the kit when i go home

The couple of things i can remember straight off the bat that i have to do when i am back

Repaint over the generic stencils i have airbrushed and use the correct AOA stencils for the no step/no push

Fix the antiglare black area as per Ziggyfoos's suggestion and weather it

Get the extra mk82 slicks paint them weather them et al

Reputty the lower flap railings as i noticed they still had faint ejector pinmarks 

Paint the BN screen clear orange

Add the stencils to the landing gear

Modify the wingtips for the A6A nav light right ahead of the wingtip airbrakes....

I still havent worked out yet how to do those as i dont want to hack into the wingtips and have to shape clear styrene...what i might do is mask off the area and paint first chrome lacquer then the correct tamiya clear colour on top...we'll find a way

On another hand, being the end of the month i pampered myself to a massive purchase from Hannants lol... amongst this purchase order some stuff for this intruder and for the other one in the stash!

Having had problems with the seats, not wanting to use the avionix seat that come with the avionix cockpit (leaving those for the next intruder) i bought the true detail GRU7s and i think they look really nice. I dont know how accurate they are or will be within the airframe i am modeling, but they are a step above the ones i have now in detail and at least the seat covers are the correct non ribbed ones so to my eyes they look like an improvement on what has already been done. i hope they will fit in the tub without too much of a headache.... has anyone used them or have any opinion on them? photo below

TD32407-2.jpg

Also i have bought the AOA decals intruders from the sea for the second intruder that will be a navy one during the same period

i have decided not to go with mk82 resin slicks as i think they are a bit expensive when you end up buying two pairs of them. The trumpeter weapons set in 1/32 will just do the part i guess. got that set delivered home ready and waiting for when i come back...

I hope to be able to get her done during that ten day stretch at home lol!!

thanks everyone for all the support and for looking in!

till then stay safe and happy modeling!

Karim

Quote:

Having had problems with the seats, not wanting to use the avionix seat that come with the avionix cockpit (leaving those for the next intruder) i bought the true detail GRU7s and i think they look really nice. I dont know how accurate they are or will be within the airframe i am modeling, but they are a step above the ones i have now in detail and at least the seat covers are the correct non ribbed ones so to my eyes they look like an improvement on what has already been done. i hope they will fit in the tub without too much of a headache.... has anyone used them or have any opinion on them? photo below

TD32407-2.jpg

The seats are nice only they have molded the Risers (seat belts) incorrect on the parachute pack. They never hang down like that but are held up by the shoulder harness restraint lines. It's just looks wrong and many F-4 seats are also molded like this. It's a pity as the seats look really nice. They should look like in the photo below of the GRU-7/A Seat from the F-14. Sorry but it's pet hate of mine. Why go to all that work and get the risers incorrect. Companies like Aries can do it correctly why can't others.

gru7a34f.jpg

Edited by Vitali

Well Karim, i must say, you're WIP is one of those of which i follow with lot's of interest. 

The A-6 Intruder is one of the few which i like very much, and you're model will do justice to this iconic jet.

That said, i like you're weathering techniques very much, i said it before, you're way of approaching those bomb's is very interesting.

But also you're painting and weathering of the model and the details are spot on my friend. I need to learn about that salt technique you use, because i want to try it out on one of my feature projects.

Great work mate, keep them coming :thumbsup:

Greetz

Danny