Mi-8 Gunship

Dukie99

Finished the load today. I need to do some touch ups on the pylons, give them a dusting of Tamiya buff and a flat coat before glueing them. The Aphids are from Zactomodels and to say that they are awesome is the understatement of the year. I hope i did them justice. I installed the flares ejectors, but need the glue to cure before touching up. I will probably post some pictures of them tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Pylon5_zpsookzuxgy.jpg

Pylon1_zps3y0sqvdf.jpg

Pylon2_zpsb7kiyicj.jpg

Pylon4_zps1pofmn87.jpg

Pylon3_zps9obkt6xr.jpg

Till next time. Thanks for watching. David

Martin, Thank you so much for these pics. Except for the first one, I did not see any of them before and they are great. Maru, John, thank you for the positive feedback. Here are some pictures of the flare dispensers. The come from a Profimodeler set for the Mi-24, I used Meng resin 1.7 mm bolts to simulate the joint with the electrical cable, which are made from lead wire from the profimodeler set, painted with AK rubber. The flare dispensers have been painted with Alclad semi-matt aluminum. I need to finish the main rotor, install the windshield wipers and rearview mirors, build and install the winch and off course glue the pylons and she should be done, hopefully by next week-end. For some reasons I am now craving an OOB build :)

Flare%20dispenser3_zpsxur57i1g.jpg

Flare%20dispenser2_zpshy5vmlag.jpg

flare%20dispenser%201_zpsbfovwxj1.jpg

Till next time, thank you for watching. David

Thanks Jim. This is really a big workhorse and it will take a lot of shelf space. I have added today the windshield wipers, rearview mirrors, pitot tube and other bits and bobs and finally the PKM in the nose. The gun comes from a BMP3 RB model set and the sight is scratch built with 0.75mm styrene rod, 0.5mm brass rod and some leftover etch.

PKM3_zpsbtxvhmv9.jpg

PKM2_zpsyqkglcvc.jpg

PMK1_zpsgzqxyidc.jpg

and I could not resist taking a couple of shots with the main rotor on. It is only primed now but I should have it done by the end of next week.

Rotor2_zpsot8elc5s.jpg

Rotor1_zpsxjo8tp9s.jpg

Almost there :) . Thanks for watching. David

Thank you Guys for the kind words, I finished painting the main rotor, decaled it and now it just needs some wiring, a dirt wash, a Tamiya buff mist and finally a flat coat. The Begemot stencil sheet provides you with decals for numbering each section of each blade from 1 (inside) to 21 (outside): 125 stencils...which go on the underside of the blades...I did it even though you have to twist your head and squint your eyes to see them when the rotor is in place. I know they are there and I took a picture so you can see it but I am glad it is done. As if this beast was not mean enough I added a PMK on the door. The mount is scratchbuilt with styrene rod based on my reference pics. I hope you like it, the finish line is near and I hope that in the next update I will be able to install the pylons.

Rotor%20painted_zps3sfwyvma.jpg

Rotor%20backside_zpso6spswjs.jpg

PKM%20side_zpsdmmnbfox.jpg

Thanks for watching. David