Mirage Hobby 1/48 PZL-23 "Karas" *DONE*

mywifehatesmodels

Awesome John!  Really like how the clear parts have turned out, nice and clear.  Can't wait to see it done and in the case

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks, Matt. However, I wish the clear parts were better, actually. The large parts are very clear for a limited run kit, but were packed with the rest of the sprues, so there was a lot of damage to try to fix. Some of it I was able to overcome, but other parts, not so much. The smaller parts all seem to suffer from a more cloudy effect. Not sure why that is. Add that to some masking errors on my part and they are far from perfect. The one thing I like about this kit, however, is that you can look into the cockpit area from the front and see all the way through the plane. It's a large cavern full of interior parts and a really cool effect!

Well, I'm calling this one done. I may try to touch up a few more things, but the weather was just good enough this morning to get a few outdoor shots. Although, the wind almost provided a maiden flight!

This build turned out to be more enjoyable than I had thought it would be and, overall, I think it's a good kit of a very unique plane. Thanks again to everyone for following along!

Regards,

John

PZL13_zps9njz1lob.jpg

PZL14_zpsnvshypef.jpg

PZL15_zpsiegylwi5.jpg

PZL11_zpswd7ll4la.jpg

PZL10_zpsq3p4vqjt.jpg

PZL9_zpstyeeemxx.jpg

PZL7_zpsm6lwbhgc.jpg

PZL4_zpsujrxkf2t.jpg

Lovely build John. Just found it a read the lot. Got one of these in the stash. Will bookmark this for reference.

110 next? Can't wait.

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron!

Yes, the 110 will be next. I just started a WIP thread for it here, as well. Should be getting started in the next day or two.

Thanks again!

John