Nichimo's 1/20 Cessna Skyhawk 172

Fozzie

Hi all

whilst having a rest from the Typhoon I thought I would get back to this after visiting my local strip at Redhill, I have had this kit for some six or so years now and she's been started but never got much further than the wings and engine.  So without further ado lets get started or back into it.

The box art which looks nice.

DSC03767_zpswbcau8gy.jpg

These are the bits I have painted white today when the sun came out to play.

DSC03768_zpsf8ph8gzv.jpg

DSC03769_zpssu0n610b.jpg

DSC03771_zps0myxop93.jpg

I also got these done aswell I wish we had these in a larger scale as I like sports planes.

DSC03772_zpsc0ue6rk0.jpg

Well that's it for now thanks for stopping by see you soon with another update on this and the Typhoon.

Cheers all Clive

Great work Clive!!!

Cant wait to see this one take shape..........

I also got these done aswell I wish we had these in a larger scale as I like sports planes.

DSC03772_zpsc0ue6rk0.jpg

If you like sport/racers Paul now has the AirShow line of 1/32 Pitts and Christian Eagles:

AirShow Pitts from FM&P

I also just ordered this one...................its an all new Extra 330 SC from lcaerodesign that comes in 3 LOVELY schemes:

Extra 330SC from lcaerodesign

Guest Peterpools

Clive

Great to see the Big Skyhawk underway. I flown countess hours in the Skthawk's  left hand seat including my commercial check ride and she has a very special place in my heart. Looking forward to following you build with immense interest

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Clive

Great to see the Big Skyhawk underway. I flown countess hours in the Skthawk's  left hand seat including my commercial check ride and she has a very special place in my heart. Looking forward to following you build with immense interest

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Ditto (without the commercial check ride)......are you doing a OOB build, or "personalize" your 172?

Hi guys

thanks for your interest.

Brian those kits do look the biz but untilI get back into work they are all out of the question.  I'm just hoping my injury heals quickly so as I have some money for models again.

Peter I would love to spend some time in one of these I had my first flying lesson in one.

Jack it will be OOB but I might paint my own scheme on her.

Hubert, Mike, Brian and Wolf Im glad your in for the duration.

Well here are a couple of pics of her I have just taped her together to see everything fits nicely, the rear window spar is bent on one side so a bit of attention is needed there also the roof needs a sanding when she finally goes together.  Apart from that she looks good to go so its on with the painting of the cockpit and interior, does anyone have any pics of the interior of one of these as I have no idea now to what they look like colour wise inside or fabric colour and design.

DSC03775_zpstnqsj660.jpg

DSC03774_zpsqxcy21na.jpg

Thanks all for stopping by and for your interest more soon.

Clive

Apart from that she looks good to go so its on with the painting of the cockpit and interior, does anyone have any pics of the interior of one of these as I have no idea now to what they look like colour wise inside or fabric colour and design.

Clive,

I've had this kit in my stash for longer than I care to admit. Here is a few scans from a Cessna brochure on the 1973 Cessna 172 and Skyhawk (172M) referencing the interior and exterior colors.

Skyhawk%20colotrs%20lsp.jpg

Skyhawk%20interior%20lsp.jpg

Here is a seat showing the Java Gold vinyl with Java Gold fabric inserts. You can see in the middle photo what the standard interior was like and in the first how the color combinations work.

Skyhawk%20seat.jpg

HTH

:popcorn:

WOW! Thank you very much Aerobat that's the best help from a brochure, I do not suppose you have any reference pics of the engine at all.  It is not a well posted subject on google for the original engine as they all seem to have been upgraded since the early 70's and look a lot different from the kits offering.

Thank you again for the help.

Clive