Help with references

NavyMech06

I'm a new member and have spent the last month or so joyfully taking in the talent and experience that this forum provides to those of us that are trying to make the next step from out of the box modeling.  The roadblock that is in front of me is trying to find reference material. I'm in the process of building the new 1/35 scale MH-60S Seahawk, and i can't seem to find a single piece of material on this model. I can find plenty on earlier model Blackhawks and Seahawks, but with the many variants out there, its turned into a nightmare. 

First, welcome aboard!  I think you'll find a lot of talented, and helpful people here.

If the MH-60S is as new to the fleet as I think it is, it will prolly take awhile for the ref. material to catch up. I don't know what level of detail you want to jump in at, but to start, any online pics will guide you in the right direction, mostly for the exterior I'd guess. As for the 'pit, I don't know how much variance there is between versions, but I'd again guess a minimal amount.

Our very own Oliver- Shark64 is doing a build of this in the works section, and I can't think of a better builder, or build to follow.

Welcome aboard! One of the over looked resources for photos is airliners.net. Quite a few great military photographers contributing and you can get some interesting shots of newer equipment. There's a couple of hundred MH-60S photos so far that can give you some marking information and even a couple of instrument panel photos in there.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraftsearch=Sikorsky%20MH-60S%20Knighthawk%20%28S-70A%29&distinct_entry=true

:post1:

Guest Peterpools

Welcome aboard :post1:

May I suggest firing off a PM to Oliver and most certainly, Oliver will be able to able to help with links and information

Peter

I have very little on helicopters, and especially the Black Hawk's, so I have nothing substantive to offer. Squadron/Signal does this book (which I do have), but I don't recall what versions it covers, and my copy of the book is buried here,... somewhere.

Thanks for all the help guys, I've looked on google and a lot of the images don't really get you close enough. i guess i'm going to have to bite the bullet and go with my wife into her squadron. Shes currently stationed at the H-60 Fleet Replacement Squadron at Norfolk Naval Base and i'm at the Hornet FRS at Oceana. I just REALLY hate going to Norfolk, its the devil. If anyone needs photos of FA-18 A-D or E-F i can get them, I have 7 years maintenance experience on Hornets so if anyone has any questions let me know.

Welcome aboard :post1:

May I suggest firing off a PM to Oliver and most certainly, Oliver will be able to able to help with links and information

Peter

Most definitely. If you want more and GOOD info on the MH60, Im pretty sure Oliver (AKA "shark64" here on LSP) would be able to help you out for sure. Shoot him off a PM. Hes a really great guy, and one of our master modelers here on LSP. Just WAIT till you see his MH-60.........

You can check out Olivers MH-60 WIP in process HERE.

Edited by Out2gtcha