Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

Those are some kick a$$ VMO-2 pics BTW Ski!

I was on a boat in the gulf when DSH changed to DS, so I never got to see any cool planes like VMO-2 OV-10s in action. I was dealing with strictly boring USN grays. Blah

Edited by Out2gtcha

Tango Ski for the pictures and I concur that the M60's were mission oriented. I picked up Paul Fisher's LAU's and a 300 gal tank for the centerline. I prefer G-Factor over the others and the canopy mask is a must.

155431 was the BuNo of Major Wheeler's aircraft, I have found no pictures of this aircraft and can not verify that it carried the vertical white letters “VMO†over a red # 2. VMO -2 went to this early in 1970. The upper wings were definitely white on other birds during this time frame.

thanks again

Amen, Brother.  It'd be nice if they used an (untouched) museum example, like the D at the museum in Miramar.  A lot of the museum pieces aren't in "as operated" condition.  Sure, the D at Miramar is missing some displays, but it shouldn't be too hard to put two and two together.  

Ski

Ski They painted over the glass and sealed her up tight. I went to get permission to have it opened up for Glen's (Kitty Hawk) reference photos. Big no on that :BANGHEAD2: 

For Mike / Gunner http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/ov-10.html  Forgot to post it

Well, the good news is that John Bibay snapped a bunch of pics during the museum's "open cockpit days", before they painted over it. What a shame, I hate the way she looks now. I've got the pics saved, along with some pics from some other sources.

Cheers!

Ski

That is indeed a shame.

I have a bunch of FM&P resin, and some AMS resin for the two A model OV-10s on there way to me now. Im hoping to get a WIP started as soon as they get here and/or when I finish up teh D.

It will be another OOB build for the first OV-10A Im building as it will be for Glen and KH, but I REALLY am looking forward to decking out the 2nd OV-10A in a SH@# ton of AM for myself.   :lol:

From what I have seen, Ski is correct, and I have seen mostly the 300 gal Aeros under the center line.  I have seen a couple scant pics of the As with what looks like a 150 gal tanks but I cant tell for sure.

Harold and AMS have a REALLY nice looking 150 gal tank too. Ill try to dig those pics up.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Nice 1 Andy..................Im sure any of the guys who will build the D will be glad to get those. For as great as the kit is (and it IS indeed a great little kit!) the decals are a PITA and do leave a lot to be desired as far as application and user friendliness.

Cheers!

Tango Ski for the pictures and I concur that the M60's were mission oriented. I picked up Paul Fisher's LAU's and a 300 gal tank for the centerline. I prefer G-Factor over the others and the canopy mask is a must.

155431 was the BuNo of Major Wheeler's aircraft, I have found no pictures of this aircraft and can not verify that it carried the vertical white letters “VMO†over a red # 2. VMO -2 went to this early in 1970. The upper wings were definitely white on other birds during this time frame.

thanks again

Hey Mike,

The ejection history site lists Maj Wheeler's aircraft as 155423:

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/OV_10_BRONCO.htm

However, I was able to find some art online that depicts 155431.  Reproduced here for reference purposes only:

3_11.png

I would have thought that the markings would depict SOMEthing identifying it as a VMO-2 aircraft.  As late as 1969, they sported "The Angry Two" crest on the fuselage, which was a yellow four pointed compass rose with a superimposed swooping eagle in red:

Vietnam-Marine_Squadrons-VMO_2-13869.jpg

Vietnam-Marine_Squadrons-VMO_2-4300.jpg

Hope this helps out.

Semper,

Ski

Also as a note of reference, a lot of the VAL and VMO A model SEA type schemes I have seen (specifically the ones that retain the OD on all upper surfaces including the wings) are OD over gray as opposed to white. This was usually a gray bordering on white, such as Camouflage gray.

Stand corrected. Maj. Wheeler and Capt. Hatch punched out of 155421 on 21 April 1970. I was looking at the same drawing of 155431 and wrote it down by mistake. Jason has your thumb drive and I will get a copy. So far, I have the Fisher 4-shot pods and 300 gallon fuel tanks. Looking for the Eduard canopy mask and G-factor legs. I wonder if anybody does revetment walls in 1/32. That and a couple red shirts with some pilots would make a nice Marble Mountain or Da Nang diorama.

BTW a lot of good info on Popasmoke.com

Edited by gunner

. I wonder if anybody does revetment walls in 1/32. That and a couple red shirts with some pilots would make a nice Marble Mountain or Da Nang diorama.

BTW a lot of good info on Popasmoke.com

LONESTAR MODELS Makes the Revetments  http://www.lonestarmodels.com/Conversions-1-32.html    Mike has a Birthday sale going on to

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=35150&hl=revetments

Like to use this below picture as a VAL (NAVY) OV-10A  diorama idea.  Already have the USMC container built

duplex_zps7fb81680.jpg

Also look at the newer style Runway Matting

jrmat_zpsa7ebb488.jpg

Cheers