1/32nd F-8E Crusader Project

Impatient Pete

Hi Guys,

First let me say big thanks to Larry and Ray for helping me out with my search for intruments. Thanks Guys!

Well work is slow on this project since school is back in session. Not much to report but I did make some progress in the cockpit. I made a mold of panels and consoles from a few different 1/32nd kits and some of the parts Larry sent. Then, I cast into the mold, but just enough to cover the bottom ( where the detail is ). Then, after the resin cured and I popped the part out, I flat sanded it on a piece of 320 until it was real thin. Then I just cut out the instrument. That's all. Here are some pics. Next is to cut out the panel and arrange the intruments and add some other detail. Probably have to wait until school lets out. For now the only modeling I am doing is an eyeware project.

post-4-1114028720.jpg

• 1 year later...

To the MASTER CASER,(aka)Pete,

Now for that difficult question that i'll ask again.I i think u know what it's going to be.When by any chance will the molds be done?And when will the first casting of the whole deal take place.And that's considering u'er working and school of course.I would kill for one or even two of those F-8 Gunslingers.Larry

:blink: How on Earth did I manage to miss this until now. Holy cow, Pete, that is truly impressive, big league stuff. I'll be following very, VERY closely from now on, notepad at the ready. By the way, I don't stray into ARC all that often, do you still have some shots of your basswood masters. If so, I'd love to see some!

Cheers, Jean