New Reference for Bird Cage Corsair

Uncarina

Dana Bell has been working on this book for a year or two.  I have read numerous posts by him regarding the research done and much of the work we have seen could not have been produced without guidance he has provided to many modelers.  On that basis alone for me the book is worth buying.  I might learn something new, it should certainly be interesting.

I can only guess that it has photos of the cockpit.  I will post an answer to that question when my copy comes in, if no one else posts sooner.  It is not on Amazon prime yet so I don't know that I will have it until late in the week. 

Some might want to know that Dana Bell has been one major contributor for the Tamiya Corsair detailling kits I mastered for GMF.

He supplied me with lots of detailled pics and intel to support the design work, most of which you will now find the book (so I did comit to not share)... he has been of great help ... as well as some of our membres here on LSP by the way ;)

:thumbsup: 

Some might want to know that Dana Bell has been one major contributor for the Tamiya Corsair detailling kits I mastered for GMF.

He supplied me with lots of detailled pics and intel to support the design work, most of which you will now find the book (so I did comit to not share)... he has been of great help ... as well as some of our membres here on LSP by the way ;)

:thumbsup:

Dana was a lot of help to me as well for getting a better understanding of the "Graded Tone" Corsair paint scheme. Haven't seen the book yet, but a copy is on its way to me.

david

Dana was a lot of help to me as well for getting a better understanding of the "Graded Tone" Corsair paint scheme. Haven't seen the book yet, but a copy is on its way to me.

david

I am still very sceptical that scheme existed on the Corsair. I feel the blue gray scheme faded in a similar pattern on some of the coral strips.

Hi Scooby

According to Dana Bells postings on Hyperscale he was researching his book from primary resources.  You can always ask him about his sources if they are not clear in the book.  From what I have seen he is very open to discussing his research.   I suspect he is pretty clear about sources but I am awaiting my copy.  The record is far from clear in my opinion before this book, I recommend you buy a copy and judge for yourself. 

Hi Folks,

I hate to start an argument before everyone has had a chance to see the evidence. First, when we're talking about graded camouflage, we are talking about any scheme that transitions from darkest on top of the fuselage to lightest on the bottom. For the Corsair, this was accomplished in two basic ways:

- Sea Blue above, Intermediate Blue on the sides, and White on the bottom, with several variations in pattern

- Sea Blue on top, with lighter and lighter applications down the sides into the white bottom, again with several variations in pattern. (No Intermediate Blue on the fuselage!) I suspect this is the scheme which is in dispute.

If I can have a volunteer to post a few pictures (something I've never spent the time to learn how to do) I can share some images that might help everyone make up their own minds.

Cheers,

Dana