Hawker Sea Fury FB.II

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Alain

Thank you so much for the kind words and compliments. Glad you checked in and stayed with the build thread, as it's always fun and enjoyable to have company along the way. As far as the finish goes, it's not hard at all: the basic formula paint in layers and polishing in between as needed. The Sea Fury was my first effort with acrylics and Future for the gloss finish and there weren't any real surprises; just knowing when to call it a day, let everything thoroughly dry and pick it up the next day.

Peter

WOW and GEEEEZ Damn IT PETER.......you raised that bar several notches.....

This is so nice, i must admit one thing...ive never been in to clean builds...BUT This....is different.....This build of yours buddy....missing words...i..i Love it.....just admiring it....

And you shure got me in to do a bird clean and glossy but still alive looking, as youve done....

if i lived next door to you buddy i would bring couple of bottles Italian Chianti wine and olives as snacks....and talk aviation all evening and look at this one...

ps if you come to STHLM some day let me know ;)

/Mal

Alain

; just knowing when to call it a day, let everything thoroughly dry and pick it up the next day.

Peter

Hi 

thank you for the advice , as it's saying , "patience is virtue's mother " specially in our hobby ...........doesn't it

Alain 

Peter, I have to admit that I was following your build very sporadically and that was a mistake. What a show piece, the shine seem to be out of chart.Clean and neat , you set a new benchmark for this kind of finish. Bravo!

Thanks for sharing.

Martin