Texan / Harvard Canopy sets and Messershmitt G-10 Erla sets

Ali62

I'm in the middle of masking the canopies on my Texan build right now - I wish someone would supply a full mask set for the stock kit! These are great options though Alistair.

I think the first set is pretty much for the kit supplied canopy, with a new rear option, masks and..?

I think the first set is pretty much for the kit supplied canopy, with a new rear option, masks and..?

You could be right Andy. I'm not sure what the second clear part is either - perhaps two types of rear canopy are supplied. In any case, it's too late for me!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, I'm doing mine as a Harvard IIa, the AT-6D canopy is fine for it but I strongly suggest you check your references if you have a specific aircraft in mind because it appears there are variations!

Max

Hi Max;

You're right! The Harvard is a bit of a mine field. I'm looking at building two Havard IIb's...Gary Numan and Norman Lees aircraft of the Radial Pair from the mid/late 1980's. Having just checked some photos, they both seem to have the SNJ-4 style canopies.

There certainly are a lot of variations!

Regards;
Steve

I've just received my AT-6D canopy sections from A2ZeeModels, great service (they came much more quickly than I expected) and superb quality.  I especially like the fact that the masks supplied are for both inside and outside, as well as the wheel centres.  Many thanks Ali, absolutely first class in every respect.

Max

I've just received my AT-6D canopy sections from A2ZeeModels, great service (they came much more quickly than I expected) and superb quality.  I especially like the fact that the masks supplied are for both inside and outside, as well as the wheel centres.  Many thanks Ali, absolutely first class in every respect.

Max

That's great news Max! I wonder if I could trouble you for a small review to publish on the website?

Kev