Mig-21MF Red 5121 base plate 60%

mark31

Mark,

I wanted to thank you for the detail you have provided during this build.  I did some work at Eglin Air Force base in the Florida Panhandle in 1996 +/- and I remember looking over an unpainted Mig-21 that was stored outside at the time.  If my memory is accurate, it looked EXACTLY like what you have done.  There was some variation in the finish of the various alloy panels, some grainier, some smoother, and I thought the workmanship of the entire fuselage was not very good,  parts didn't fit well, seams were not even, panels were bent a little - maybe from clumsy maintenance.  These thoughts may not be fair to whoever built that plane, maybe the Chinese? because a lot of the problems I saw could have been because the plane I was looking at had been assembled from other airframes.  

In any case, I can't see how your model could in any way be improved to match what I think I've remembered.

Very nice indeed.

John

Edited by j ferguson

This pitot tube looks awsome Mark !

Yes it is beter than the kit and thanks for the nice words

Very impressive! Will make a centerpiece of your cabinet!

- dutik

Thank you but i think i have to make some room over there

I LIKE IT!   

That is going to look so COOL

Can't wait to so more

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

What next?    Skyraider.........105?

Thanks and what will be next?

I have a skrayder that need to be finnishd.

I have a 105 underway but i whas thinking off building my MH-47E next.

Stll no idee what to build to many kits :frantic:

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

beautiful work on the MIg, just awesome to say the least. Can't wait to she how she looks in the dio

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Mark,

I wanted to thank you for the detail you have provided during this build.  I did some work at Eglin Air Force base in the Florida Panhandle in 1996 +/- and I remember looking over an unpainted Mig-21 that was stored outside at the time.  If my memory is accurate, it looked EXACTLY like what you have done.  There was some variation in the finish of the various alloy panels, some grainier, some smoother, and I thought the workmanship of the entire fuselage was not very good,  parts didn't fit well, seams were not even, panels were bent a little - maybe from clumsy maintenance.  These thoughts may not be fair to whoever built that plane, maybe the Chinese? because a lot of the problems I saw could have been because the plane I was looking at had been assembled from other airframes.  

In any case, I can't see how your model could in any way be improved to match what I think I've remembered.

Very nice indeed.

John

Thank you for the nice words.

Its the first time  have done this kind of weathering on a model.

Mark

beautiful work on the MIg, just awesome to say the least. Can't wait to she how she looks in the dio

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter but still a long way to go.

Mark