The Air War Over Vietnam Group Build Discussion Thread

LSP_Paul

Well I had planned to do a diorama of my brother having his photo taken after his last "Night Owl" mission standing on the 

cockpit railing with a sign showing his "Mission Count".

I guess it depends on how long the 105 takes

I just happened to remember the 104 in my stash and hadn't heard anyone throwing out it's name.

I wanna start NOW!   :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:

Jack

Trust me Jack, I know how ya feel... A LOT of us want May to get here yesterday! I don't even have my kits yet and I want to start.. I am going to be cleaning up both work bench's,  one for me, one for Teresa just to stay busy.  :)  We all have references to get together.. etc etc. Hang in there.

Paul 

What sort of info are ya looking for on Air Force A-7Ds?

Just general info . I found a bunch about  their time in Thailand. Was looking for a "notable" plane or event to build a plane to represent it If I did one. 

Paul 

Just general info . I found a bunch about  their time in Thailand. Was looking for a "notable" plane or event to build a plane to represent it If I did one. 

Paul

I have the original Squadron A-7 in action book that was published shortly after the war. It has some good first person stuff from Air Force A-7 drivers in there. I built my 1/48 A-7D off of photos in there of a shark mouthed SLUF. I will see if I can dig up some online photos of it. I cant think of any notable AF A-7s or incidents, but a Navy one does come to mind.

found it

sluf_zpsef33be0f.jpg

from the "airwar in SE asia pt 3" squadron book

Two Bobs does/did a decal sheet with those markings on it. They have a bit more behind the history of those markings as well. Apparently they lasted for only a couple days.

Carl

Very Cool Mike, I like ol' Smiley the A-7  :)  I was out on a call for work until 0430, got to bed about 0530 was woken up by the US Mail delivery to the front door @ 1130, but I am happy! 

My A-4F  just got here!  I may take  a nap now :)  

Paul