1/32 Horten Ho 229 - even more pictures

Wurzacher

Guys, I think we need to remember that the clear outer shell is just a demo, and may not make it to the production kit. So don't make plans that include it unless or until it is confirmed!

Kev

This was what I mentioned back on page one Kevin.   ZM is looking for feedback on the clear skin to determine if there is enough demand to offer it as an option.  My post here is to encourage people to email ZM supporting the idea, hoping if enough people email them asking for the clear shell they will offer it.  I guess exerts and a quote form the company blog are not enough information to be clearly understood.  I wonder how many more time your and I and someone else will have to say this......before it sinks in.

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Hi, personally I'm not fond of the clear plastic because of its properties: more brittle, more difficult to sand, more difficult to glue... I hope this will be an additional option and not the standard wing parts.

Thierry,   Please review what I posted on page 1 and Kev posted above.  Clear will be an option, ONLY IF enough people ask for it.  I am asking people to email ZM encouraging them to offer that option.  I don't know how much more clear we can make this.

Have a good evening, and please email ZM, Gary

Maybe for those interested to buy it, it's an idea to start a poll (to clear or not to clear or not to care to clear) and hand the results to ZM?

If e.g. 30 or 35 people took the time to vote, that would give some sort of an idea on the general opinion. 

????  Or is that just in jest?

I emailed ZM about the Horton clear option - it says on their page they wanted feedback about if they should offer that- and I also just noted/asked that they should do a P-51B - I said they would probably sell a lot of them :)

I am sure they have lots of folks asking them to do this or that as their next release but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask them for a P-51B in addition to commenting on the Horten clear parts

Ok, what happened to the survey ?.. can't find it, the link above won't work work, I get the 'we can't find this/ you don't have permission to see this' box... Whats up ? Just wanted to see the results.

:unsure:

Vaughn

The survey was not accurate.  ZM is not including the clear shell in the kit, nor contemplating doing such a thing as the poll suggested.  So the author of the poll, who had the very best of intentions, took it down because it served no meaningful purpose.   ZM plans on offering the clear skin as an option to buy as an EXTRA, not as part of the kit.  On this thread I asked anyone who liked the clear skin to post their support on the ZM blog or send them an Email.  ZM has requested this feedback to help them determine if the clear skin is in enough demand to warrant production.   Many members, who did not care enough to read thoroughly the entire thread, jumped to an incorrect conclusion that the clear was in every kit, and a storm was started that ran down the wrong path.

I tried to clarify it this morning and apparently I am the guilty party Vandy is referring to, because I was direct  in pointing out the poll question error and did not sugar coat my explanation.

Vandy:  Hi, we have never spoken but being direct is not being rude nor does it demonstrate a lack of courtesy.  Being direct is what happens in conversation when members and moderators try to remind members of the facts of the thread, but the members, who have not read the entire thread( being courteous here) go off on some unrelated tangent.  Kind of like that meeting at work where everyone starts having their own little meeting and you have to re-establish the focus.  I would suggest to you that common courtesy starts with having a command of the thread subject, before going off  half cocked and making a mess of things.  Now, lets get back to having some fun, shall we?

Have a good evening everyone,  Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Gary 

Some folks can't have common courtesy

My comment was a general comment not directed to any specific person.  I liked your intentions and work. But some folks seem they weren't reading all or to much into it. So they comment was more as a reminder to not let an argument start here on this thread.   So I think were on the same page right?

Cheers 

Danny