Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair ... with Extras

Loic

Thanks Jamme,

well, this is it, end of part one... the last items (spare cowling) are complete and will be shipped to Tim this week.

Next is test shot and correction as well as assembly instructions...

Last few shots of the master patterns:

DSC03229_zps7894d8a1.jpg

DSC03230_zps7a4bdf91.jpg

Those parts will allow modellers to chose which parts of the cowling they want to cut off their tamiya kit without bothering too much about breaking the cut off part (especially the 2 tiny bits on the fuselage to wing junction area...) and without any need to detail the kit part if they want to display the spare cowling panels.

I tryed to replicate tamiya subtle riveting so that if one decides to leave some on the original cowling in place, the replacement part looks like like the original part.

Hope you guys like it and I can not wait to see the end results ;)

Edited by Loic

Thanks a lot guys!

My purpose with this AM kit is to make moddelers life easier buy supplying the big componants. I can not include all these little stuff in the kit cause that would make the kit too fragile or complicated to cast... and looking at Randy's build, one can see that there is plenty of room for superdetailling here  ;)

Also, some bits and pieces are not included (ie the little box on the right side of the mount) because I was not able to find any war time picture including this feature but only restaured AC pics... Modeller will decide if the want to add it or not.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

master pattern has landed at GMF a few days ago.

First feed back are rather good so I can not wait to see the first "off Tools" parts :)

We'll keep you informed. Thanks for following !

Nice work on the masters there Loic!  It was educational seeing the process and build up of the parts.  The Tamiya Corsair is one of thos that is on my list, but am buried under the builds I have going.  My Ju  88 build is going well and have done some real rework of the wheel wells that I am quite pleased with.  Nothing to the level of what you have made, but really gave me some true appreciation for what is involved.

Will be watching!

Thanks a lot guys !!

Tim sent me pic of the first test shots today and they look great I think.

Thanks to Tim's incredible casting work, even the most complicated parts look "easy" and the details are just great.

I shall post pics later ;)

Thanks again to Grey Matter Figures and Tim to be a part of this adventure and to make my dreams come true :) :) :)