HobbyBoss 1:32 Spitfire Vb

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing touches to the airframe this evening - base painted satin black (has clear dome) - and calling it quits on figure (not very good at figures - first one in years - more practice needed - please be gentle!) - but goes nicely with model.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Getting delivered this week - will take some RFI pix before she goes.

And weathering subtle - she'll be representing a warbird restoration project that I'm involved in  :)

Iain

Cheers guys - as said - figures way outside my comfort zone - but now I've 'popped my cherry' as they say - I'm keen to do more!

Kev - contrast on face more a function of the lighting for the photograph - tungsten lights/image corrected - there's a little more depth in 'real plastic'. Will get some better images in daylight - but I won't be zooming in toooo far!  ;)

Iain

Beautiful Iain,

I love a GOOD SPIT,,,and she is most definitely  a Good Spit.

I'm waiting on your opinion about this HB kit as I have one on my "Build List" and have a Hasagewa V if necessary to scavenge parts if needed.

Thanks

Jack      

Hiya Jack - I'll write up a short 'build review' when finished - but main noticeable areas are canopy/upper fuselage cross section. I've done this one as pretty well straight kit for speed - and used the Hasegawa canopy 'Bubble' - along with the main-wheels which I've combined with the Hobbyboss inner hubs.

The kit is a little over engineered for my taste - but the petite surface detailing is excellent!

Iain

• 1 month later...

Model has been delivered and I haven't been able to get any more photo's for RFI.

Will have her back at some point prior to Telford - so will get some images then.

Has inspired me to have a go at a few more figures - and Tamiya's gorgeous Spitfires!

Iain

How did I miss this one Iain??

VERY well done man!  I know what you mean about figgies and being out of your comfort zone. Just look at Jerrys threads and you'll realize how amateur we are.  :lol:

Great job on the spitty and the figgie both. I think he looks like a fine upstanding British lad. I had no clue on anything, but if your interested in continuing with figgies, Jerry Rs threads have helped me a lot and Shep Paines 2nd addition (I had the 1st addition in 1980 and wore the thing out reading it!) of "How to Build Dioramas" gave me some invaluable insight into tecniques for figures in this scale.

how_to_build_dioramas.jpg

Looks really wonderful!

I had the opportunity to pic Jerry's brains last time he was over here - not sure what he'd think - but I was listening!  :)

Next ones will be better - and I'm seriously thinking of getting that B-25 crew at Telford this year...

Bear in mind on the Spitfire that there's very little weathering - she's meant to portray a relatively new airframe/warbird.

Iain