Kitty Hawk 32001 T-6 Texan Sprue Shots

Sharkmouth

Nice photos Saúl! My review sample arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm about to go into a long weekend, so I'm hoping to at least make a start on the review. I also plan to do an OOB build a la the HK Meteor, designed simply to show how it goes together and what it looks like finished.

Kev

OK folks, after a delay in obtaining the kit, and then more delays while I coped with a heavy work schedule, I've finally published my review of the Kittyhawk Texan:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1241

I want to thank both Hubert and Saúl for permission to use the photos and information they contributed to this thread, both of which adds considerable gravitas to the review. Thanks guys! I've already started my build thread.

Kev

Nice review Kev, I want one

Sharkmouth, those are some of the best weathering pictures I've seen. Some panel lines collect crap just like a car in winter slop, and some do not. Look at the streaks under the leading edge of the wings etc.   Much to my amazement there is evidence of rust streaks from screw heads. 

Thank you, this is very helpful in understanding aircraft weathering.

Ron

Much to my amazement there is evidence of rust streaks from screw heads.

It was still flying too (I don't know if this particular airframe is still flying with the Geico Sky Typers).  Using these images, I plan to weather my Portuguese Texan slightly more due to the environment they operated in...

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...