Kitty Hawk 32001 T-6 Texan Sprue Shots

Sharkmouth

- Of all the drawings I looked at, Paul Matt's seemed the most accurate, and were at least correct for all the key dimensions.

- Can you check wether the extremity of the wing has the typical "washout" (negative incidence of the tip of the wing). This is a very visible feature of the T-6 which was introduced to counter the initial vicious stall characteristics of the early models.

Hubert, I will gladly take photos of the wing tip taped together.  In which books would I find the Paul Matt drawings?

Regards,

- Of all the drawings I looked at, Paul Matt's seemed the most accurate, and were at least correct for all the key dimensions.

- Can you check wether the extremity of the wing has the typical "washout" (negative incidence of the tip of the wing). This is a very visible feature of the T-6 which was introduced to counter the initial vicious stall characteristics of the early models.

Rectly

Hubert, I will gladly take photos of the wing tip taped together.  In which books would I find the Paul Matt drawings?

Regards,

The Paul Matt drawings were of the AT-6D, published in the now long defunct Historical Aviation Album series.

They are in 1/48 scale. I can scan them for you if you want. I could also enlarge the scan directly to 1/32 if you can find a local printer for a big-size printout.

Hubert

Saul, Hubert - I believe I have a review sample on the way, and I'm wondering if you'd allow me to appropriate some of your respective material for the review (with proper credit of course), as it's already more detailed and more comprehensive than I'm qualified to produce on the type. Perhaps even a collaborative review? You can let me know via PM if you like.

Kev

Of course Kev, if I can be of any help.

I sent you a PM earlier today

Hubert

OK, now that I have posted this, I want everyone to help me find out what may need tweaking to get an accurate AT-6G as used by either the French or Portuguese over Africa.  Note the markings I am going for...

t6.jpg

normal_js1024_02_35_-T6G-gros-plan-5_72-

I already plan to replace the barrels on the weapons.  Hopefully, Eduard (or similar) will do a PE replacement instrument panel (with film or pre-painted).  If not, I may need to make my own with Reheat Bezels and AirScale dials.  However, when armament is carried, there should be ways to aim, arm the weapons, release and/or fire said weapons. 

Regards,

Hello,

Here a blog (in french, sorry) about french T-6 in Algeria, you have some interesting photos.

http://avions-de-la-guerre-d-algerie.over-blog.com/article-18879990.html

Here you have informations about rockets used by french air force in algeria:

http://avions-de-la-guerre-d-algerie.over-blog.com/article-armements-des-aeronefs--39422716.html

and here about bomb and bomb sight

http://avions-de-la-guerre-d-algerie.over-blog.com/article-le-bombardement-les-bombes-41640286.html

Finally, here you have informations about bomb sight used on light aircraft (T-6, Sipa 111, Ms-233).

http://avions-de-la-guerre-d-algerie.over-blog.com/article-notice-technique-du-collimateur-sfom-83-83a-64560560.html

I hope that this informations could help you.

Edited by spook

If anyone wants to use my photographs to illustrate a point in another thread, feel free to do so as long as the credit is not removed.

Back to this kit.  I cut off some items and taped them together.  I worried about the wing to fuselage fit and, while I was at it, I wanted to see the details and location of the landing gear trunnion within the main gear well.  Here are some images:

KH32001zFit01.JPG

While turning it over, the tape got loose.  The trunnions are indeed too far inboard but the detail is not as plain as it first seemed.
KH32001zFit00.JPG

These images are from an SNJ-2
leftwheelwell_20100925.jpg

rightwheelwell2_20100925.jpg

rightwheelwell_20100925.jpg

wheelwells_20100925.jpg

Other things I have noticed... I seem to have short shot trailing edges to the upper and inner wing halves.  The scoops are solid as well.

Regards,

Who is going to be the 1st to tackle this kit….?

Do you mean "build the kit?"  I will be building parts of it as I like to add details.  This while I await some aftermarket for the other project which needs some corrections sets.

Regards,