Arado E-377, Cammett kit - He-162 in progress

dutik

Lets face it:

cammett412xlk5.jpg

Looks ok. Second stage finished :thumbsup:

Added a final coat of metallizer before taking this photo, so you will see the upper side tomorrow when anything has dried.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Yepp, you think you got it ready? Really? :rolleyes:

Murphy is watching you :fight:

:doh:

Of course something went wrong during the landing approach. During final taxiing to the apron, to be correct :evil_laugh:

The metallised engine nacelles didn't look as nice as planned. The True Earth metallizer left a lot of brownish brush strokes. Well, istructions say to brush it onto the model, and the promotional images look very promising, but real live has a vote too. OK, there is a fix for every modelling problem. Got a jar of Migs "gun metal" pigments. In fact this is graphit powder. Brush on, rub it, and you have got instant metallics. Works nice, but this is not a pencil, but a powder. A lot of the pigments obeyed gravity and made it onto the lower surfaces of the wing. Some were also smeared or blown off onto the rear fuselage :deadhorse:  They are really hard to remove when settled down. Rubbing off is not a working option, so to say. I ended with some really nice metallic effects at wings and fuselage... Yeah, we don't make mistakes. We enjoy happy accidents :coolio: So I repainted some parts of the model. Got some unwanted paint drops at the metallic engine nacelles (space between fuselage and nacelles is cramped), redid the metallics, removed more metallics from the wings... you got it :wicked: Also metallized some hard to reach spots with a graphite pencil. Not to mention that an amount of light blue filter fluid crept from the light blue lower surface onto the brown fuselage parts. Had to airbrush again some areas and to add some new mottling at one side. But it is ok now :punk: I did it :punk:

Will mate the missle with the trolley in the evening. Stay tuned!

Regards

- dutik

Thank you to all that contributed! Great support! Great motivation to overcome all difficulties!

Next step:

Finishing the He-162 - with a special extra you don't see that often :whistle:

Paint it.

Make new struts (the resin onees are full of bubbles...).

Add the bird on top.

Some touch ups.

Take more images...

A year or two :tumble: ? Who knows... :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...

Mustered the Heinkel 162 parts. Found all the bits and pices that were stored here and there and elsewere. The resin seat had lost one of the handles. Will replace that with some wire. Everything else looked good. Started painting of the leftover cockpit parts, aka the second gun, IP, bits and pieces and to prepare the fuselage halves to be glued together. Dry-fitted the special part that will make this Heinkel unique. More unique than just sitting on top of a giant winged jet-bomb... :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff Dutik, really impressive.

I have this one in my stash too, ready for paint. Lucky enough to buy one a few years ago, along with the Revell salamander to sit on top.

You have given me hope - and some cool paint ideas :)

Thanks

Fangio

Welcome to LSP :hi:

And welcome to my thread :)

The Arado has no cockpit, so it is easy buildable - for a resin kit :speak_cool:  Was well able to handle the few real problems that popped up here and there. Feel free to ask if you have questions.

As for the paintjob - anything latewar goes. Splinter, freelance, monochrome, mottling, squiggles, bare metal/varnished wood, paneelwise coloration "as delivered by subcontractor". Even with foreign markings as "captured" airframe...

Regards

- dutik

• 8 months later...