TAMIYA P-51D OLD CROW: UPDATE 1/4/14: FINISHED & IN THE BOOK

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thank Pat

Very much appreciate the kind words. I never thought I would actually enjoy a NMF but I have to admit, when I look back, it was fun as well as a bit frusttraing

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Sinuhe

Very much appreciated. For the base coat, I went strictly with Alclad Gloss Black Base. It's 100% lacquer, no thinning and I can hoinesty say, the long drying time, was my fault as I just added a bit too many layers. All in all , It worked extremely well.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Much appreciate. Never thought I would actually enjoy doing a NMF, but with each one, they seem to get a bit easier. I'm still hoping to do a build sometime in the next decade, where something major doesn't doesn't go wrong but it sure doesn't look like it's in the cards. Need to send a PM later this weekend.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Mal,

Much appreciated. Besides the gear and the bazillion small parts that need to be added, I working out my weathering plan, as I want to highlight the panel lines and rivet detail and some exhaust streaks here and there.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Dennis

Appreciate the kind works on Old Crow. She is getting to the end and it's the little details that still need to be done that eat up the bench time

Peter