PCM Hawker Tempest V

Cees Broere

That's coming along very nicely, mine is taking a little(?) longer as I'm doing the rivets.  Just to try something different, I bought the MDC rivet tool and with the Bentley plans I've had many (!) enjoyable evenings...... :mental:

Anywho, I was also not in a great rush as I was hoping that Roy would bring out some detail sets, which it appear to be coming in the not to distant future!!!   :m0152:

I was also looking at the Squadron parachute pack, and that Ultracast late war RAF Pilot,  this could get interesting.

-keith

OK so as a follow up here are a couple of pictures of some of my progress.  I also bought a set of micro-mark rivet decals for theraised rivets along the side of the fuselage

-keith

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

Edited by Keith B

Looks pretty nice from here Cees. Did the fuselage halves line up better when you glued them together? In the taped together form it all looked a bit wonky on the front end.

I think adding a wing spar on the front end was a good move too from an alignment standpoint.

david

Hi David,

They lined up alright, and cleaning up the joints on the fuselage was easy just some swipes with a sanding stick

And they are gone. the wing to fuselage joint I feared would be far worse but wasn't. Had to scrape away some plastic on the port wing to fuselage joint

But so far no filler is used. Next to further clean up, removing scratches caused by sanding and the

Paintprocess can begin.

I figured a spar was necessary to get the abolutely flat centre section, glad I did.

Cees

• 7 months later...

Hi Alan,

Not yet, I am working on a Trumpeter EE Lightining at the moment. And got sidetracked by other projects too (finished the Meteor). But the Tempest has

a similar scheme as the Lighting so will do both at the same time.

I very much like the PCM Tempest as it has the correct character of the type.

Cheers

Cees

Well, I saw Luuk Boerman's (dutch decal) Tempest yesterday and it looked great

So it gave me much needed inspiration. When I came home I started to mask the

Pattern using low tack tape.

Cees

imagejpg1_zps0283c010.jpg

Edited by Cees Broere

Guest Peterpools

Cees

Simply stellar looking. Completely enjoying following your progress.

Keep 'em coming

Peter