My attempt at a FAA Corsair

Hagar

David, I hear you. It doesnt seem to be what I was going for or imagining. I was trying for a worn look as all the pictures I mcan find seem to be rushed looking. I'm just not sure if I should forge ahead and it will look better after a gloss coat, decals and then weathering or if this is just not a good base to start that process. Will have to think a bit more on this. Appreciate the critique as it will help.

JAmes

David, I hear you. It doesnt seem to be what I was going for or imagining. I was trying for a worn look as all the pictures I mcan find seem to be rushed looking. I'm just not sure if I should forge ahead and it will look better after a gloss coat, decals and then weathering or if this is just not a good base to start that process. Will have to think a bit more on this. Appreciate the critique as it will help.

JAmes

Nothing wrong with pausing to take a break and re evaluate. You could search around for more FAA Corsair pictures, and while it may be an odd suggestion, check out David Rapasi's FAA Corsairs on Aircraft Resource Center. Might be a good source of inspiration. That guy is a Corsair building monster.

-d-

Well its done now. I have never had any luck repainting nor stripping a kit so I have decided to forge on. All decals on. Tomorrow a gloss coat and then the weathering. For better or worse I like it. The pictures make it look worse than what you actually see.

DSC03695.JPG

DSC03694.JPG

DSC03693.JPG

DSC03692.JPG

Oh and the tires are just white glued on while I wait for my resin ones to come.

Comments and or critiques welcome.
James

Thanks guys. This is a dream kit. As I am getting closer though I have started research on the next one, a Ju 87B2. I'm really excited that I am doing so much much modeling.

James

Thanks guys. This is a dream kit. As I am getting closer though I have started research on the next one, a Ju 87B2. I'm really excited that I am doing so much much modeling.

James

Nice work James! ... I too, will be in the hunt at some point for a FAA Corsair ... It's a while away yet, though. Is your Ju87B2 a Trumpeter kit perchance? ... If so and you want to make the corrections (there are some accuracy issues with the kit) ... a bloke called Brian Fawcett has made some AM resin gear - he has a spot on the vendors forum for you to check it out. If not, I am pretty sure that the kit assembles quite well OOB :) ... For mine, I picked up a couple of old 21st Century kits of e-bay pretty cheap and they built up quite nicely.

again ... good job! - I'll keep this thread tagged for future ref.

Rog :)

Nice work James! ... I too, will be in the hunt at some point for a FAA Corsair ... It's a while away yet, though. Is your Ju87B2 a Trumpeter kit perchance? ... If so and you want to make the corrections (there are some accuracy issues with the kit) ... a bloke called Brian Fawcett has made some AM resin gear - he has a spot on the vendors forum for you to check it out. If not, I am pretty sure that the kit assembles quite well OOB :) ... For mine, I picked up a couple of old 21st Century kits of e-bay pretty cheap and they built up quite nicely.

again ... good job! - I'll keep this thread tagged for future ref.

Rog :)

Yes it is and as soon as I saw the correction set I ordered it. Thats why it moved to the top of the stash. Cant wait :)

James

I really like the looks of this as well, definitely different from any Corsair that I've ever laid my eyes on! I don't know what "FAA" means, but I bet this is a close match to whatever aircraft you chose to depict. Just don't forget to paint the tailwheel. ;)

Lovely work.

Do you Corsair builders even sleep or eat? Just over a week and you're at weathering a complete build? Man, i feel so sloooowwwww. The camo scheme looks good, different from the blue schemes.

Don