My attempt at a FAA Corsair

Hagar

Well got the Tamiya kit ansd what a beaut. Got some Eagle Cal decals and will do a FAA bird. I dont feel confident enough to cut down the wing tips so that leaves just 1 option.

So here is my rendition of the interior.

DSC03614.JPG

DSC03615.JPG

DSC03625.JPG

I used Vallejo Interior green and for the black I used Tamiya Dark German Grey. I then did a wash of burnt sienna oil paint and for the black areas a wash of black oil paints. Other paints were Tamiya and Vallejo.

James

I then ordered some RB seat belts and so started on the engine. I drilled out the plugs and the ignition distributor with a 10 thou drill. Then wired it up with fine lead fishing line. I painted the engine in Tamiya and then did a wash.

DSC03632.JPG

DSC03633.JPG

DSC03634.JPG

I used an Archer Generic placard for the info plate on the engine and Dainbramage was very kind and sent me a Fundekal P&W logo that looks better than the Tamiya decal.

DSC03637.JPG

DSC03647.JPG

I painted the oil tank Vallejo Chromate yellow and put in a line and painted it Tamiya Brass.

James

Next I refined my Salmon pink colour and re sprayed it. I also used Tamiya for the filters. I got the RB seat belts but unfortunately I could not get them together. I have issues with my back so my motor skills suck somewhat. So PE it was. Put some placards in the cockpit and eventually got it buttoned up. Just need to close up the engine bay tomorrow and then work on the wings.

DSC03654.JPG

DSC03655.JPG

DSC03658.JPG

DSC03659.JPG

DSC03660.JPG

DSC03662.JPG

The engine exhaust that might be seen are painted metal and then I have had great luck using a wash of Vallejo Track colour on them to gibve the oxidized look. Just need some blueing and soot and I think they should look good.

DSC03665.JPG

DSC03666.JPG

And where it is right now.

DSC03667.JPG

James

Guest Peterpools

James

WOW .. nice way to jump in with your Corsair build. Terrific work on both the front office and the big radial .. looking real good

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks. Thoroughly enjoying this build. Warning, read the instructions well and make decisions early, then go through and mark the pertinent instructions. I almost goofed a couple of times. So here it is with wings just sitting in place.

DSC03671.JPG

DSC03670.JPG

DSC03669.JPG

DSC03668.JPG

The wing to fuse did not join as well as I though it should. I must have something misaligned. But it looks okay now.

James

Looks FAAbulous :thumbsup: so, what ya gonna do with them HGW belts?

I have the RB belts and unfortunately a piece went flying, then I used the leather belt pad on the PE ones. I'll use these for something at some point.

James