Pacific Coast Models 1/32 Hawker Tempest MkV

Animalmother

It seems like quite a while since I was here Ranting about this Kit, but now its together I'm really enjoying it. As others have said its all part of the Hobby to fix problems with out Builds. I've been working on it every evening and weekend so now we look like this.

IMG_20130804_022506_zps6a53fa4e.jpg

I have the Camo pattern on and have just finished the Invasion Stripes, also had to fix a little overspray I had on them. I'm not that worried about having them Razor sharp as she's gonna look pretty beat up once I've finished. I still have the Underside to stripe then I'll start fading the paintwork. I gave her a couple of coats of Hairspray to help with the Chipping later, this didn't go quite to plan as when I unmasked the Stripes I ended up pulling off some paint with the tape !! I've resprayed the areas and they look a little repaired which will add to the finished article.

Andy.

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Wonderful progress on the tempest cammo and invasion stripes look real good. Sure hope you don't weather and beat up the Tempest too much. Much prefer: Used but not Abused

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

The Dimensions are pretty damn close to the real Aircraft apart from the Wheels. All three need to be replaced with the Resin upgraded Wheel Set from Barracuda Studios. Accuracy of Detail could have been a little better but PCM are only a small Company and limited to what they can produce. But all in all other than a couple of fit problems the Tempest is a very nice Model.

Andy.

Well here we are again, I too have applied my Decals and started Weathering. Quite enjoying the process now the building is done.

20130811_172511_zps1868db17.jpg

Working on the Tempest had encouraged me to pull out my Me109 G-6 and start on her again. The difference in size show how large the Tempest really was.

IMG_20130812_014846_zpse686cfad.jpg

Next I need to attach the Gear Doors and place the Canopy which has been dipped and painted, I may paint up the Kit Wheels and use them until I get the Barracuda Studios Update Set.

Andy.