Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Thx Frank,

Yep.....

Mals way is coming hehe, the bird is so nice and shiny and bright colors, i like that in a way, Got a ballroom on my own to play on this one its so clean, lol, but hey next stang fonna be shiny love that metal.

Got a picture in my head (snafu) Its gonna be sone new things and experiments, but the will be tested on a piece of scrap model ;) before i go live on things ;).....

The new rhings are Fuel stains, oilstains on the fuselage on the right side, also the exhasts will be tinted in another way ive never done in colors (depth) .....the way that youve done with that touch of redbrowninsh tint on your bf109 exhaust stains (Just lovit) Also streaks from condesed dirt/rust streak on right places ;)

Oh yes and a couple of

more things to, reveil it later if they are gonna be done or not (madness in my head haha)

This is gonna be fun, weathering and make it alive is one of my favorite things of doing,

Many steps and very very thin layers ;) thats the key....

So we will se how it goes from after decaling ;)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal, amazing job on your Mustang, i have been follow your build in silent mode, but you really nailed the NMF and the paint job is amazing, you and Peter are making two beautiful P-51's here

After getting used to paint with alclad, i only want to paint airplanes just with it, keep up the good work.

Merry christmas and best wishes for the new year to come

Jorge

Edited by oppenheimer

Thx Harv and Jorge.....

I am very glad that you like it, as i am a novis in this and trying ;).... having fun :D

This is fun, im new to all metal alclad and finnish, must admit as Jorge mentioned im in a way of just love that NMF lol.....had ideas if a FW190 in NMF with mo markings on it at all, pure metal and different panels only.......Worn off course (clean what if) ..im gonna do that ;) just the beuty lines of that bird oh yes and many more birds to ;)

Oh yes im follow Peters Stang closely, got so much help from him, i love the outcome he acheved, its awesome, got a lot of help from him and feedback to tackle my stang, truly inspiring builld and he inspiring me alot.

Also from Frank (daywalker) tips and reference info about stangs (photos)...he helped me alot in inspiring ;) helped me to get spare parts tomdu to my misshap on the wheelbay, and kicking my back push me forward :D

and my awesome builder buddy Ernst S (in Sweden) that kicks my back to go forward :D

When im lack of inspiration....on this build....

Alot of words i know but wanted to write it down ;)

So alot credits to them that pushing me forward and alot of feedback in my building, and the rest to on this forumi am very greatfull for the feedback ;)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thx Wolf...

Very glad to hear that from you, peeked at your builds hey, they are awesome, so hey they inspire here to Wolf...That what i LOVE about Forums ;) so many great builds going on here and tips, ideas and different teqhuinics going on, picking bits and parts everywhere lol....there is something for every one ;)

Peter for shure is inspiring me with that stang he digged deep into, just love it, alt that NMF...Also he helps me alot during my build with tips and ideas ;)

Havent got much time to build, were loking forward to build this weekend all day long, but got to work, grrrrrrrr. but hey.....got also a lower back spine issue thats killing me for shure....but hey hopefully Sunday building day and updates ;)

/Mal

Episode:  Bad Things Do Happen

Ive started to mask of mask of for that "no step" line on the flap, that had to be redone since the red "cracked"....Theese things do happen, and they shure are annoying and it puts the skills to the tip to be tried, how to fix this, specially when Alclad is involved, thats something different than painted area, oh well this is how i did it.

xzw.JPG
p5a2.jpg
tbvh.jpg
wrte.jpg
[