1/32nd scale Dh89 master

GuildAero

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the masters from Martin :yahoo:

I can vouch that his skills are aboslutely top notch, and his pics have not done his work true justice. I will try to post more pics (but not this week as I am pretty busy until sunday).

Now let's hope I do not botch-up the casting work :fight:. But before that, I will start designing the missing components that Martin and I agreed I would do : seat frames, cockpit details such as control wheel, trim wheem and IP, and the transparencies (plus ome internal components for a Dominie version, hear, hear, Max ;) )

Your suggestions as for preferred schemes remain welcome.

Hubert

That's brilliant news Hubert, this is one of those moments where a longed wished for model is edging closer to reality!  One thing that I have noticed about the, I think exclusively Dominie version, is that there is a small (generator?) propeller on both upper wings rather than just the Rapide's port one.

Max

I believe I included a position for a starboard genny. (It's amazing how soon one forgets a master, even one that has been on the bench for 2 years!)

I think it was because I saw photos of aircraft with gennies on either wing.

I'm so pleased that you like the master, Hubert.  Always an anxious wait!

AA scheme for me, please<G>

Cheers,

Martin

I believe I included a position for a starboard genny. (It's amazing how soon one forgets a master, even one that has been on the bench for 2 years!)

I think it was because I saw photos of aircraft with gennies on either wing.

I'm so pleased that you like the master, Hubert.  Always an anxious wait!

AA scheme for me, please<G>

Cheers,

Martin

That's good news about the genny Martin. :)

Max

I just checked (the components have been put away from the eyes and noses of probing cats). It is here alright. Just need to add either a filling part or a second generator shaft.

Hubert

• 2 years later...

Alas, cosmosman, no.  Hubert has had the model now for years and always has a reason for not doing it. To some extent, poor health has not helped, but he keeps showing other work he has done on the forums, so it's not easy to see why he hasn't progressed the DH 89.  All I've heard from him is that he has dropped and broken the fuselage, something I can repair for him, but the offer has gone without response.

I am now more than a little worried that the model will never see production.  I am not a patient man anyway, but now I have frankly given up hope for it.  I know at least 2 people who would buy the master from him, but, like some other of my old customers they won't sell, even though they won't produce.

Let's hope Hubert can come back with an assurance, with photographic proof, that he is producing the kit, but don't hold your breath.  I think it likelier that one of the other resin mobs will beat him to it.