Trumpeter F-100D

b757captain

These photos are really great! In the trumpeter kit, you can see some cables running on the gera doors, but they just stop. I was wondering where they went in the bay, and with these photos it all becomes clear! The gear bays sure look dark !

Thanks for posting!

Nic

No problem....that's why I took them. I got lucky and had access like that to most of the a/c in the museum. I probably took 400 photos that day.

The bays looks dark, but if you look there's obvious spots of what I would call interior green (like the interior of a P-51)....darker and greener than chromate. I'd probably go with that. I wish I'd felt around to see if it was dust or oversprayed, but none of the hoses and lines look oversprayed and they also don't look restored. If you notices, the sticker with the hose color codes is even still on there.....

If it were me, I'd shoot them interior green.

C

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town for the last few days.

The cockpit looks great. I keep pulling this one out of the stash but get put off by the intake seams even with the Zacto nose. I kinda feel like the FOD cover is cheating.... but I don't blame you one bit.

Chris

The Zacto nose fits very well externally, but not well at all matching the kit ducting, mostly the upper area. The kit pieces are the problem but I'm just not up to it either. Intake cover it is :huh:

Killer cockpit!

IP looks like the real deal.....!

Cheers,

Jim

thanks Jim. I put on the 3x magnifiers AND looked through the desk magnifying lens to try to see and replicate as much of the detail as I could. That and some really good reference pics I found on the net!

No problem....that's why I took them. I got lucky and had access like that to most of the a/c in the museum. I probably took 400 photos that day.

The bays looks dark, but if you look there's obvious spots of what I would call interior green (like the interior of a P-51)....darker and greener than chromate. I'd probably go with that. I wish I'd felt around to see if it was dust or oversprayed, but none of the hoses and lines look oversprayed and they also don't look restored. If you notices, the sticker with the hose color codes is even still on there.....

If it were me, I'd shoot them interior green.

C

Thanks for the pics! I've found several sources that indicate the color should be FS34151, Interior Green, which I just happen to have! Better and closer than ZCG ( that's Zinc Chromate Green for the previous question :rolleyes: )

Mark

I haven't gotten much done over the last week other than some sub-assemblies - the slats, the empennage, and getting the avionics cover on. That took some shimming and choice words but it's on. I'll get back to work tomorrow after finishing some issues with the sailboat/home. For tonite though, I have been informed by my assistant, rather emphatically, that I'm not to do any modeling - I must attend to more important matters!

013.jpg

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

My question is do have a pic showing the engine exhaust? I have been trying to determine how far away the ANG afterburner section is from the fuselage after the conversion from the stock tail feathers, so I can get all my parts put on properly. Can you get your fist in the gap? Is 8"-10"? I have not found a clear reference photo to tell me. The gate guardian we have here has be relieved of is engine, and all photos I have seen only show it from an angle and make it hard to tell.

This is a great photo but shows my frustration finding the dimension.

cutshall_f-100f_rburner.jpg

Thanks

Tom

Edited by steel_tiger