1/32 Arado Ar-234 from Fly Models

Guest Vulcan32

Stephen is not that confused, he knows something. There is indeed a 1/33 Ar 234 paper model from a company called Fly Model . http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=3461

Radu

No Radu, he is indeed confused...about the Fly Models kit we're discussing...he's discussing something we're not...

Kev

Stephen asked (did not state ;-) ) whether this discussion was about a paper model. He sought clarification considering that there already is a Fly Model Arado 234 on the market.

Fact is that two companies with the same name are making the same model.

I am curious to see what data they use. There is a lot of erroneous information out there. There are very few accurate drawings on the market and when I made the patterns for RB/MDC kit I drew my own based on factory drawings sourced from a number of places. I started working on a 3D model a while ago - I am using it as a learning subject/tool because the Arado has a very challnging and complex shape.

Radu

Edited by Radub

Stephen asked (did not state ;-) ) whether this discussion was about a paper model.

You guys all realize that, right?

It seems pretty clear to me that Stephen is attempting to warn us that we are in fact in error if we think the kit we're discussing is an injection-moulded kit, and that it is in fact a paper model. You guys all realize that, right?

In any case, arguing about Stephen's level of confusion is alarmingly petty, even for me. What 3D software are you using Radu?

Kev

Surely I am aware that this is an injection-moulded kit. But fact still remains that two companies with the same name have models of the same plane. This is the kind of stuff that lawyers relish.

Imagine another company calling themselves Revell announcing a kit of the Bf 109 in paper. It is just bizarre.

I have been using Blender for a while but now I am working with Rhino 3D. It is a very steep learning curve.

Radu

Edited by Radub

Imagine another company calling themselves Revell announcing a kit of the Bf 109 in paper. It is just bizarre.

Indeed. On its website, the plastic kit company describes itself as simply "Fly", so I wonder if we're subconsciously (and erroneously) adding the "Models" part ourselves? In any case, the names are too confusingly similar as you say. Good luck with the 3D software!

Kev

• 11 months later...