I want the most accurate He 219, wait for ZM or buy the Revell kit?

oyoy5

From a first look at both kits (photos etc) they both look ok to me ... however those with a really keen eye are telling us that the Revell kit has some issues ... Of course the ZM kit hasn't arrived yet so we don't know whats going on with that one ... the afore mentioned issues on the Revell kit may have an easy fix (?!?) in which case its a question of time v's money ... otherwise definately go the ZM - it look like a LOT of kit for the large asking price.

Revell kit is all buildable IMHO - and excellent value.

This is my progress so far...

IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_9610.jpg

IMHO the Revell kit is great for the price if you either want to build out of the box - and built one's look OK to most - or if you're happy to wield a razor saw and epoxy putty. Mine's getting there and, to be fair, it's been good fun.

I won't comment on the ZM kit because all I've seen is test shot photos (they were tweaking the windshield based, I believe, upon info in my thread) until I have one in my paws - but the nacelles certainly look a better shape...

Iain

Revell kit is all buildable IMHO - and excellent value.

IMHO the Revell kit is great for the price if you either want to build out of the box - and built one's look OK to most - or if you're happy to wield a razor saw and epoxy putty. Mine's getting there and, to be fair, it's been good fun.

I won't comment on the ZM kit because all I've seen is test shot photos (they were tweaking the windshield based, I believe, upon info in my thread) until I have one in my paws - but the nacelles certainly look a better shape...

Iain

So it IS do-able then!!! ... what sort of skill level is required?? ... I can't remember what was wrong with it all in the 1st place?

So it IS do-able then!!! ... what sort of skill level is required?? ... I can't remember what was wrong with it all in the 1st place?

Just check out Iain's thread for more details. Personally I'd be happy to build it (mostly) OOB, but Iain's doing some fantastic work.

Kev

Nice update on the He-219. Now they need to release it, and then get onto releasing the Raiden. I am waiting very patiently for that one!

I'd say Z-M for my money, but if you're on a limited budget, the Revell kit works just fine as long as you don't get super crotchety about the accuracy. If you want a nice He-219 to sit on your shelf, then the Revell kit is great value for money, like all big Revell kits.

Matt :party0023: